word game,change 2 letters make new word

(Space left to avoid losing words)

Sorry. You can hide a heck of a lot in my pants!

Norway - yawned

[can't scroll your words to extricate the necessary - it's just that your user name comes out of the blue sidebar and over the top of the first few letters - but it doesn't matter in the game as it's the word previous to yours that's hidden! Very curious about your avatar - any enlightenment? Please!]

yawned - wooden

rhubarb and custard
rhubarb and custard
rhubarb and custard...

Does that bring the real message far enough down to be visible?

My avatar is a picture I found of a statue where a slim woman is chiselling herself out from the inside of a statue of a much fatter woman.
I liked it, but I have no idea where it comes from!

wooden - indoor

odours - doused [still two as far as I know - not sure why you wonder about three?]

[Sarah - the 2nd and 3rd rhubarb and custard are loud and clear; it's just the top line affected where your user name is super long! I thought your avatar looked kinda classical and wondered whether any of the lesser known Greek or Roman gods had similar problems to us...]

Ok. If I leave a line's gap it shunts everything up and deletes the gap. So I'll try to remember to put something unnecessary in a top line.
I may have to look into the statue's origin!

doused - sodium

[Busty - no worries! I often have to check carefully that pp has got it 'right' as some of the exchanges are so cleverly done:) which of course makes for a more interesting game]

catnip - trepan

[Yes, sometimes I look at it and think "Oh, I could go to such and such a word" - a word that is completely different - and then realise that actually it's only one letter different!]

trepan - spread

Back