Work Dinners & Lunches-What To Do?

lalemon

Hi all,

Have recently started LT (Day 2), and am feeling fine...did a ketogenic diet in Canada that used real food (in very very small amounts) rather than meal replacement and did very well but have gained some since moving to the UK and am using LT to lose it. So far so good.

Anyways, I am a solicitor and have to attend alot of lunches/dinners. Of particular worry is a lunch happening on Friday that I have been expressly requested to attend. I don't know how to deal with this. I don't think it is any of my co-workers'/clients' business to know what I am doing but I do not want to eat. I have no problem resisting temptation, but I don't want to kick myself out of ketosis.

Any advice/ideas on how to get myself out of these situations? Do NOT want to jeopardize my personal goals for the sake of my job...

Can you say your just not hungry or tum a little queezy?

Situations like that are the major test. Wish you loads of luck x

Its a tough one. You could just order some water..or sparkling water so that you have something to say when the waiter comes to you. If you dont make a big deal then I'm sure no one else will. If anyone does ask, you could just say 'I have an early dinner appointment'. Or 'I had a late lunch' depending on the situation.

If you can cope with the restaurant lunch situation then you're more than half way there and I'm sure you'll be fine. You're right, see to yourself and put YOU first.

GOOD LUCK!

I would feign the not feeling too good excuse it did me in good stead for a business dinner just after I had got off a Pendelino train to London. I simply said they always unsettled me could I just have a peppermint tea and a sparkling mineral water please and smiled :D

Tricky, i had a funeral last week & it was hard, but at least my family were supportive of the diet.
I'd just come clean, & say your on a diet, most people are fine then. Just order a nice black coffee!
I've got a work do in Dec, But i've told my colleagues now, so its over & done with! This time of year is terrible, imagine how much extra we'd all have put on lol! Good Luck x

Back