Work, Stress and Food

Victoria_30

Had the worst day at work and just came home and eaten 55 syns :eek: (Galaxy 125g and Twix 85g)...:break_diet:

Does stress at work make anyone else reach for the chocololate?

The only difference is that THIS time I am not going to let this turn into a bad wk, ok so it's going to be tight but as I use weekly syns I should be ok. Normally this would have turn into a full on binge and falling off the wagon completely all wk. I'm going to blame my boss for what I've just done, make a nice SW meal tonight and packed lunch tomorrow and hopefully no harm done (hopefully).

I need a hug!

Stress makes me eat for sure. And it doesn't have to be chocolate. Crisps are the prefered vice for me.

big hugs hun!! i know how you feel, i used to get really stressed at my old job and go out on my lunch break and buy a ridiculous amount of food and scoff the lot :eek: well done you for identifying the pattern so you know you can stop it next time ;) hope work gets better for you xx

I do! Theres always loads of chocolates lying around my work and its hard to stay away from them, espec when its busy and i dont get my breaks :(

((((((((((((((MAHOOOSIVE HUG)))))))))))))

Hope all settles for you tomorrow and you have a better day.

I have hideous times at work and can totally relate. Well done for calculating your syns, drawing a line and moving on. You are in control!

Have a good eve xx

Thank you SO SO much everyone!! It means a lot that a) I'm not the only one and b) that I can come on here and you all never fail to make me feel better. We all have bad days and it's completely normal, it's how you deal with them!

"MAHOOSIVE HUGS BACK" XX

I used to be the biggest comfort eater, I'd stop at the shop AND garage on the way home and stock up on chocolate.......I used to be too embarrassed to buy it all from one shop (yep, that much!!) now I go straight home and get on the boxing game on the wii fit plus and punch out the stress and work off calories at the same time! xxx

Big hugs for you. I'm completely the same - worst for me is when I'm too "stressed and busy" to eat lunch so I decide to gorge on vending machine crisps and chocolate instead...
Well done for taking control xxx

:hug99: Hi Victoria...... you are definitely not alone!!! But your attitude rocks - well done that's the only way to succeed. We all have moments when pizza throws itself at us or we try to fight off the chocolate that attacks us when we go to the fridge to get a nice healthy yogurt!! Hazardous moment like that are unavoidable but its what we do afterwards that matters and your so right..... start over and don't ruin the rest of the week.... definitely preaching to myself now!! xx

:hug99:

I can completely relate - for me it's savoury things like crisps or anything in pastry that I used to reach for when work drove me up the wall, problem is, all that food used to make me feel worse, not better - so I'd basically be doubling my stress which would lead to complete meltdown!

Well done you for staying on track x

i dont go for chocolate so much, i usually end up making an unprogrammed stop at Mc D's or Subway, then not enjoy it and just end up feeling worse, Why is it called comfort eating, its no bloody comfort to me :-(

Back