Work

skinnyminnycow

Half a pound at a time.
There is a saying that when one part of your life goes well, another falls apart. This is true. Weight loss is going very well (another 3.5lbs off yesterday) however work is not.

The company are making people redundant. Therefore they decided to do audits on peoples start and finish times to see if they can get rid of people without having to pay redundancy. Some of mine didn't add up because of doctor and hospital appointments (possible skin cancer scare) and this gave them enough ground for a disciplinary hearing for not fulfilling contractual hours and falsifying information which punishment is dismissal. So i took the painful decision to resign with immediate effect (A jump always looks better than a push on a CV, doesn't it?) So for the first time in my life I am jobless. With a decent amount of debt to my name, a car bought in January hasn't helped matters) this is scary stuff to me.

So waking up today on the first day of my unemployment has left me feeling very very low and lost. I genuinely do not understand what people do if they don't have a job. I feel like I have no reason in life at the minute! Anyway usually this would be the time for the old Charlotte to reach for the chocolate, but I have managed to stray strong.

I know i must see the positive in this and as a door closes, another opens. Today I will clean the house, go for a run and do a yogalates DVD. If i am busy I am not eating!

Thanks for listening to my rant.

Companies are soo devious and ruthless when it comes to saving their own skin.
I can relate to you here my boyfriend worked for Comet and lost his job middle of November last year and it was devastating, especially being so close to Christmas and with 3 Children to buy gifts and all the bills still to pay I nearly had a break down, but like you say one door closes another one opens.
well done on your weight loss :) you just need to concentrate on the positives in your life and put all our positive energy into finding a new kick ass job :)

Companies are soo devious and ruthless when it comes to saving their own skin.
I can relate to you here my boyfriend worked for Comet and lost his job middle of November last year and it was devastating, especially being so close to Christmas and with 3 Children to buy gifts and all the bills still to pay I nearly had a break down, but like you say one door closes another one opens.
well done on your weight loss :) you just need to concentrate on the positives in your life and put all our positive energy into finding a new kick ass job :)

Comet going under was awful, I was an account manager for them, thought bought HP parts from me. Thanks for your message I am going to stay positive. It ALWAYS could be worse. :) x

In regards to the car have you phoned the company and explained the situation? We phoned all the companies we have direct debits with and most of them offered a reduced payment for a few months, a couple actually suspended payments for 3 months which was a great help.

So sorry to hear about this. They dont sound to be a very caring company to me! As they say one door closes, another opens. I am sure with determination you will get something else. Please rant away anytime. :)

Hey Hun

I recently went through a disciplinary hearing and at the time was suspended too.
It was for poor standard of work and bringing the company into disrepute.
All I wanted to do at the time was resign right away as I was scared to go through with the hearing etc but I did loads of research and even contacted a union rep for help.
After being suspended for 4 weeks on full pay I went through with the hearing and only got a verbal warning.
I written myself a 5 page statement of everything I had been through and how they had done nothing to help me.
I was shocked myself but at the same time I'm glad I made them realise that they had treated me badly and hadn't thought about my health etc. They had done nothing to help me with my depression and anxiety despite them knowing it about it since I started.

While I was suspended I had another interview elsewhere and with more money too.
I went back to work for 4 days only then handed in my notice.
One of the managers was a right cow and said she felt my heart wasn't in the job, I said yep you're right after what you've put me through and the embarrassment of coming back. We then both agreed I would leave with immediate effect and I could take my holiday pay etc.

So I've had another 3 weeks off on full pay, I'm on holiday in Mexico and I start my new job next week which is £4000 more salary.

It just shows you that sometimes when you are feeling really low and think there is no hope you can come out the better one in the long run.

Don't give up Hun. If they weren't making people redundant then why didn't they do a disciplinary weeks ago for you? To me its just an excuse.
I was you I'd be seeing what I could do to take them to court for being treated unfairly and speak to CAB and a union rep.

We are all here for you Hun. If you need any help just message me and we can put something together.
Love Stacey xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

God that sounds terrible... :(

Well done on staying positive... And remember when one door closes another one opens and its usually better xx

Back