Works christmas do!

That's a lovely dress Lottie and congrats on dropping a dress size!

There all lovely dresses

I'm gonna leave buying mine until the very last min. I've dropped one dress size in 5 weeks so hopefully i'll drop another before i have to get my dress ;)

I'm 'recycling' an old dress that I wore to the first work's Christmas do when I started working here 8 years ago :)

We have such a big turnover of staff that I'm hoping the 4 people who have been here longer than me won't remember it :cool:. It's pretty nondescript really, black floor-length silky bustier type dress from Monsoon so I don't think it will have stuck in anyone's mind.

I'm really happy to be wearing it as I got it dry cleaned to wear it last year & it wouldn't do up! I was in such denial about how much weight I'd put on! LOL!!

Might have to treat myself to these pretty sparkly sandals to go with it, though.
Buy Silver Diamanté Sandals from the Next UK online shop

pretty shoes!

I dont have a work xmas do to go to :( so no dressing up for me! but might sort a few girlie ones out - :) xxx

I too like the bustier one. Vetry flattering.

5 dresses in one go......way to go girl !!!!!!

Sian. I love the second dress it is fabulous......

I have a lovely velvety top and next trousers for Christmas lunch and a strappy black, floaty top and skirt for going out in. I am really pleased as I bought all of them too small and all fit well now.
All charity shop purchases of course !!!!

Mmm those shoes are lovely!
I did decide to go for the bustier dress in the end (the rest were promptly sent back for a refund!)
This was after I showed photos of me wearing it to at least 6 girls at work and they all preferred that one!
So now I'm on operation tan to bronze my chest and shoulders - Am dead against sunbeds and don't really like the tackiness of fake tan so I've got the Garnier touch of summer moisturiser to start using...
Also I'm on the lookout for a cheap gold glittery or shiny jacket/shrug to wear on my shoulders... any ideas?

what size sarah?if you dont mind me asking! you dont have to answer ofc just because i think ive seen one but its only in a few sizes im gonna go look now xxx

Actually that is STUNNING. I'm not a lace fan at all but I love that.
And a bargain too. Think I may need to totally copy you and get one too! Do you think it will go with the dress though?
Size 16 I'm after... saw a nice glittery one in Peacocks today but they only had one... in a size 12

Well after years of dodging hubbies works functions I have totally gob smacked him by asking what they have planned this year and does he want to go? .. he nearly fell over with shock -and low and behold they are having 2 this time :eek: -one more casual "below the knee-etc" and one formal calf length at least ....
I know I have lost weight but Im still aware that Im still carrying plenty of extra-but I am biting the bullet and going -well if my clothes arrive -and fit-and look presentable I am :p
so here is part of what I have sent for -when you are still losing weight -isn't it difficult to find the combination of what might suit, what you like, whats in your size -oohh and what doesn't cost a bomb as I will hopefully only get to wear it all once ;)

Im really not sure about the shorte one as -unlike the lovely sian (dudette) I have calf muscles like a Russian shot putter (and a male one at that) :rotflmao: -so Im not sure I will be able to convince myself that its ok... but we will see
Sorry I can't put smaller pics :eek:

18c4c27b-35ab-44b3-b1fd-4de8f06a9bd9.jpg

241753d7-46b8-4f6e-a1bd-339c2371d873.jpg

8c1d90c1-5213-4aed-89ba-4f128add867d.jpg

Capricorn those dresses are gorgeous! Are they from yours.co.uk? I love that website! xxx
Hi Clare - yes thats where they are from, I have only used them once before (never for dressy stuff though) but I chose them as there are few places that can deliver straight out to me -I normally have stuff sent to my mum in the UK and she posts it on -but I don't have time :eek: ...
I just need to get on with making my jewellery now ...that bit I don't mind.. OH GOD and then when they arrive I have to shoe shop :cry: -Id rather go to the dentist than buy shoes :p

why don't you like shoe shopping! :O xxxx

I hate shoes :sigh: -I would walk everywhere bare foot if I could get away with it :p - you can't normally get me to look at shoes until the pair Im wearing are almost dropping to bits :D - the only thing as bad as shoe shopping is going to the hairdressers ..I hate that too...

I hate shoes :sigh: -I would walk everywhere bare foot if I could get away with it :p - you can't normally get me to look at shoes until the pair Im wearing are almost dropping to bits :D - the only thing as bad as shoe shopping is going to the hairdressers ..I hate that too...

Ooh i love a trip to the hairdressers!! haha. I dont love shoe shopping, only because my feet are so wide I can only shop in Evans...and their shoes are about £20 for a pair of rubbishy flats!! v annoying lol xx

Back