worried about maintenance

weim01

im iles and miles away from maintenance, but today i told someone that i was doing the Cd and all they said was how dangerous it was and that as soon as i eat normally i will put back on again, now i know the whole point is that you wont get back in to bad habbits like before.

this has upset me as it does really really worry me! is it really possiable to maintain? but still be able to go out for odd meal or enjoy a treat??

hmmm this pist has got longer than i thought it would, just im a bit scared now in a silly way :confused:

Hey hon,

I'm a new maintainer and I can tell you it's all possible. There will be hard times, you may overeat at some times but as long as you realise this and cut back the days before/after you will be just fine.

I won't say maintenance is easy, it's pretty tough, but you can eat everything! :)

xxx

im iles and miles away from maintenance, but today i told someone that i was doing the Cd and all they said was how dangerous it was and that as soon as i eat normally i will put back on again,

Yeah, yeah, yeah. They obviously don't know about the diet...sigh.

is it really possiable to maintain? but still be able to go out for odd meal or enjoy a treat??

Cambridge helps you get rid of fat, it doesn't get rid of choices, and you are still free to put it all back on, just like any other diet.

I never managed to maintain after SW, WW etc. but I have after Cambridge. Not because Cambridge is better at helping you maintain, but because I chose to maintain...I want it..really, really wanted it.

You have just as much chance of putting it all back on regardless of whatever diet...though I did see some research recently where people who had done a VLCD had actually kept it off for longer (but that's beside the point :D)

Hang around though when you get to goal. This is one of the very few forums that maintainers do visit and share experiences, hints and tips ;)

You'll be fine if you want it enough :)

Oh, and I eat all sorts of things, though most of it is really healthy. I don't consider unhealthy foods as treats any more than healthy foods. As I can eat whatever I want, whenever I want (in moderation), and I know what suits, food is a pleasant experience, but it's not a treat.

It's a different mindset IMO.

Thank you KD I'll go to bed now and try not to be upset silly I let the comments bother me night xx

Thank you KD I'll go to bed now and try not to be upset silly I let the comments bother me night xx

Goodo :clap: People like this are there for amusement purposes only. Enjoy :clap:

You will only put on weight if you eat the same way as you did BEFORE the diet.

So true and that is the one thing that i refuse to go back to >>> Back to those old habits.

I've decided to do SS rather than SS+ and I am doing less due to the fact that last week I felt ill. I only want to be on SS for a short period of time, say 2 weeks, in that time I hope to lose at least 10lb!! If that happens then it'll take me to 1.5st off my goal weight. Is it best that I perhaps do another 2 weeks of SS and then try to maintain, or what do you recommend? I really don't want to spend too much money here as I am out of work. My idea is to lose this weight while I sit exams and then having lost the weight and worked hard at maintaining, I can continue to maintain while looking for work and hopefully being successful in both diet and work... what do you think???

I've decided to do SS rather than SS+ and I am doing less due to the fact that last week I felt ill. I only want to be on SS for a short period of time, say 2 weeks, in that time I hope to lose at least 10lb!! If that happens then it'll take me to 1.5st off my goal weight. Is it best that I perhaps do another 2 weeks of SS and then try to maintain, or what do you recommend? I really don't want to spend too much money here as I am out of work. My idea is to lose this weight while I sit exams and then having lost the weight and worked hard at maintaining, I can continue to maintain while looking for work and hopefully being successful in both diet and work... what do you think???

Hi PennyJane

What's your goal weight as the stats on the left hand side under your username and the stats on your ticker don't match?

Back