Worried About Not Going Regularly!

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by shazzy1970, 30 April 2008 Social URL.

1. shazzy1970

shazzy1970 Full Member

I'm on week 7 and for the last 4 weeks i have not done a poo without taking dulcolax. I don't want to take them all the time so have only been taking once a week meaning i only poo once a week (sorry TMI). Not feeling very comfortable with this and was womndering if i should try something else non medical?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. misscheeky

misscheeky Gold Member

Have you tried adding some psylium husks to your shakes? You can make porridge with them. They are a natural bulking agent and will keep things moving down there!

I never tried doing the porridge thing so i take psylium husks in tablet form every day and i have had no more problems since. You are right and shouldnt be taking laxatives that much as they can mess around with things. hth
    becky x
  4. GaynorEm

GaynorEm Proper Little Madam

OOooh the thought of porridge at the moment sounds scrumptious...I shall have to have a dabble...thanks x
  5. shazzy1970

shazzy1970 Full Member

where do i get the psylium husks from?
  6. tattyteddy

tattyteddy Member

i was excatly the same as you until someone on here reccommended toasted soya bran from holland and barratt 65p a bag and i put 2 tablespoon in a hot shake first thing in the morning i actually like the taste as well and now i go every day xx
  7. Anne-Marie

Anne-Marie Anne-Marie

Hi - you can buy psyllium husks from Healthspan for £6.95. Order online, postage is free.
  8. Hedgehog

Hedgehog Gold Member

try fibersure, its not a laxative, its actually psyillum husks in it :) I go most days since taking it....
  9. KerrieW

KerrieW Full Member

The other thing is if you do get to the point where you need help and don't want to get dependant on a stimulant type laxative like Dulcolax (very sensible if you want to ever be able to go again without them!) then try a stool softeneing type like Dulcoease which work by drawing water into the bowel, bulking up the stool and making it ready to pass.
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.