Worried About Not Going Regularly!

shazzy1970

I'm on week 7 and for the last 4 weeks i have not done a poo without taking dulcolax. I don't want to take them all the time so have only been taking once a week meaning i only poo once a week (sorry TMI). Not feeling very comfortable with this and was womndering if i should try something else non medical?

Sharon

Have you tried adding some psylium husks to your shakes? You can make porridge with them. They are a natural bulking agent and will keep things moving down there!

I never tried doing the porridge thing so i take psylium husks in tablet form every day and i have had no more problems since. You are right and shouldnt be taking laxatives that much as they can mess around with things. hth
becky x

OOooh the thought of porridge at the moment sounds scrumptious...I shall have to have a dabble...thanks x

where do i get the psylium husks from?
Sharon

i was excatly the same as you until someone on here reccommended toasted soya bran from holland and barratt 65p a bag and i put 2 tablespoon in a hot shake first thing in the morning i actually like the taste as well and now i go every day xx

Hi - you can buy psyllium husks from Healthspan for £6.95. Order online, postage is free.

try fibersure, its not a laxative, its actually psyillum husks in it :) I go most days since taking it....

The other thing is if you do get to the point where you need help and don't want to get dependant on a stimulant type laxative like Dulcolax (very sensible if you want to ever be able to go again without them!) then try a stool softeneing type like Dulcoease which work by drawing water into the bowel, bulking up the stool and making it ready to pass.

Back