Worried I have lost control...

rach-chavette

I have been dieting for a few months now.. Not sure how much weight I have lost as I use between a wheelchair and crutches due to neurological problems and cannot weigh on a normal scales..

I can see in my clothes how much I have lost and have dropped nearly 2 dress sizes ...I am not skinny I am now a size 14-16... yay I hear you say .. Yes I am pleased but the last two weeks I have been skipping meals .. Not hungry so breakfast is out the window.. then lunch .. hmm.. not hungry.. Hubby comes home from work and we have Dinner ..Im just picking at it =not good :cry:
Hubby and a friend of mine have pointed this out to me and are starting to worry me.. :(

Saturday hubby ordered a Kebab .. I had chicken sheesh no sauce and salad .. I eat 1/4 of it and it came bk up as quick as it went down :( I think it was too heavy for my tummy .. Also as I am eating it I feel guilty and my heads spining OMG how many calories am I eating :eek: Now I always had a kebab on my diet every weekend and still lost weight ...

Sunday evening I had tin tomatoes on toast (nimble) I managed one slice and a few tomatoes .. (guilt)

Monday I went all day on water and coffee without giving food a thought ..

Tuesday .. It was pointed out to me Im not eating much .. was pale faced and felt weak.. I ate a quorn burger and salad but did not enjoy it..

Wednesday I knew i had to make an effort so I made myself eat 3 slices of quorn meat at lunchtime and scrambled egg 1 slice of bacon for tea ..

Today I still feel weak and giddy so I have had plenty of fluids and a quorn slice in a piece of brown nimble bread for lunch..
I know this is not normal.. and I think i have taken my diet to the extreme and I am worried I have lost control.. I WILL eat tonight even if im not hungry .. maybe I will try a muller light yogurt too .. I want to eat normal again but I am scared of putting on or not losing weight :confused:
Have anyone ever felt this way?

Yeah I wrote something similar in a thread a little while ago although mine wasn't as servere as yours seems to be, and it has settled down a lot now too. I still have the fear of not losing or putting weight back on which is why i'm going to the gym a lot now, but i'd say my eating is definately healthy.

The good thing is, is that you know what your doing isn't 'normal' the only thing I can really suggest is a trip to the doctors, if you feel your losing control in an unhealthy way. You've done so well so far losing the weight don't let it go the other way and make yourself ill by losing too much and not eating properly - it's obviously not doing you much good if people are noticing that your looking pale, and that your feeling weak....

Good luck, i'm sure you'll get around it!

Thankyou for our reply Lisa , hubby has phoned me at least 3 times today to remind me to eat :) Bless!

Anyway I am feeling a bit more positive and I am going to try and eat a bit more tonight :p If I still feel the need after this weekend I will go see my GP ;)

Thanks again x

I had bulemia for years - its not nice, all the obsessing, lots of things suffer mostly relationships and your mental health. You seem to have really good awareness and want to be healthier, I think its great you have the support of your hubbie. See your GP if you find its not improving but mostly try and eat small healthy food regulary and you may just find it settles itself (I found the medical profession extremely unhelpful) and you will start to feel good about yourself and your weight loss - good luck hon!!

How are you doing hun...?

What you are doing is no good for you and its no good for your diet either :cry:...you will send your body into starvation mode.... then everytime you eat your body will store it instantly as fat, it will turn every measly calorie into fat to use as energy as it does not know when its going to get fed again....bit like animals are hybernation ...

hope you are gettin on top of things x

I agree with lisamac: a trip to the doctor or a counselor to talk out your feelings. If you lose weight to fast you will just gain it back and be even more unhappy.You need to talk to someone professional. We are also here to help, so please talk to us too. Good luck and take care.:)

Your honesty about your feelings/outlook to eating is admirable!

You've recognised the problem - HUGE pat on back! So many of us stay in denial! Now you can make changes!

xx

Back