worst first day of a diet ever!

SkinnieMinnie

Over the summer I've gone from 10stone 3lbs to 11stone 2lb, I feel frumpy and bloated and just generally unhealthy, after loosing over a stone with slimming world at the begining of 2010 I've managed to keep my weight low but it all came back this summer! I tried to rejoin slimming world but kept slipping up, I needed something fast! So I decided to do celebrity slim, must say I was really excited and enthusiastic to start, read loads of success stories and thought that this time I could loose weight qucikly while drinking things like chocolate milkshake!

Today was my first day, and I must sat most probally my last, I have spent my whole day thinking about food, like literally I couldn't think of anything else, it wasn't that I was particually hungry, I just need to have some form of solid food! For snack I was allowd half an apple! HALF AN APPLE. I wasn't even allowd to eat bananas which are my favourite food, and my tea was soo hard, as I'm not allowd to eat any carbs, I'm not very creative when it comes to cooking and often do simple things like pastas, lasange, baked potatos, so it was very difficult for me to get excited, I ended up having quorn sausages, scrambled egg, tomatos and mushroom, andim sure I'm not allowd two portions of protein, I've worried myself sick wondering what I'm going to eat tomorrow at uni as I don't fancy drinking a shake and everyone asking me why I'm not getting food, so I've decided to scrap the whole thing even tho I've spent a fortune on the shakes! I've planned low calorie meals for the rest of the week which I'm sooo much looking forward too! My dad has recently lost 1.5 stone counting calories so maybe I'll be able to shift this stone doing that! But I know that I'd rather be fat that do another day on celebrity slim,

Basically a diet shouldn't be punishment it should be about reeducating yourself on how to eat healthily, just needed to rant about this before I went to sleep! And hope to anyone who was thinking about doing a meal replacement programe I've made you think twice, it may work for a lot of people but deffiantlynot for me!!

Don't tell yourself you're on a diet. :p Challenge yourself to a week of healthy eating for more energy. Even just starting with stretches can really get you going. Making the point to step up and actually do it is first priority. Eating is your bodies nourishment and if you have the urge to eat more than you know you should then maybe there is another problem you need to look at. Emotional stress plays a big part in our bodies habits and I don't know one person that that doesn't have cravings. Don't suppress what your body wants; but alternatives to some foods/habits along with talking yourself out of other things you just really don't need can do a lot of good. :rolleyes:

SkinnieMinnie said:
Over the summer I've gone from 10stone 3lbs to 11stone 2lb, I feel frumpy and bloated and just generally unhealthy, after loosing over a stone with slimming world at the begining of 2010 I've managed to keep my weight low but it all came back this summer! I tried to rejoin slimming world but kept slipping up, I needed something fast! So I decided to do celebrity slim, must say I was really excited and enthusiastic to start, read loads of success stories and thought that this time I could loose weight qucikly while drinking things like chocolate milkshake!

Today was my first day, and I must sat most probally my last, I have spent my whole day thinking about food, like literally I couldn't think of anything else, it wasn't that I was particually hungry, I just need to have some form of solid food! For snack I was allowd half an apple! HALF AN APPLE. I wasn't even allowd to eat bananas which are my favourite food, and my tea was soo hard, as I'm not allowd to eat any carbs, I'm not very creative when it comes to cooking and often do simple things like pastas, lasange, baked potatos, so it was very difficult for me to get excited, I ended up having quorn sausages, scrambled egg, tomatos and mushroom, andim sure I'm not allowd two portions of protein, I've worried myself sick wondering what I'm going to eat tomorrow at uni as I don't fancy drinking a shake and everyone asking me why I'm not getting food, so I've decided to scrap the whole thing even tho I've spent a fortune on the shakes! I've planned low calorie meals for the rest of the week which I'm sooo much looking forward too! My dad has recently lost 1.5 stone counting calories so maybe I'll be able to shift this stone doing that! But I know that I'd rather be fat that do another day on celebrity slim,

Basically a diet shouldn't be punishment it should be about reeducating yourself on how to eat healthily, just needed to rant about this before I went to sleep! And hope to anyone who was thinking about doing a meal replacement programe I've made you think twice, it may work for a lot of people but deffiantlynot for me!!

Hey lovely,

Sorry it's had been such a crappy day. I know that feeling of obsessing over food, and just needing something solid. I'm at uni too, and mealtimes are a nightmare and a half. While other ppl snack on crisps and biccies and sweets, I'm there with my melon in a little tub! It's not easy :(

I'm missing my normal meals, and am beginning to think that SW is not for me unfortunately. I'm missing the small things like margarine on toast etc...

We just need to find something that works for us as individuals. Don't be too hard on yourself, everyone has their failed attempts. I e done the Cambridge diet, slim fast, the cabbage soup diet (and that's just naming a few!)

Let us know how today goes, and how youve done with the calorie controlled meals.
big hugs x

I completely agree with your comment a diet should not be like a punishment!

Have you had a look at myfitnesspal.com? It's calorie & fat counting free website & I'm finding it great.

I've a friend who did LL about 6 years ago & apart from a stone she yoyos with she's kept the rest off but you have to be so disciplined & I know I couldn't a) do it & b) afford it. I've finally realised the only way I can do this is sensible controlled dieting.

Good Luck with whatever you decide x

I join myfitnesspal today :) it looks really good and today I calorie counted, feel so much better! And have eaten a healthy diet! Don't know how anyone can go on them shake diets, it was so hard and it made me miserable aswell xx add me if you've got myfitnesspal RachelLouise_J

Back