Worth it?

If this is your friend's first week on WW her 8lbs is a loss of water. If it is not her first week then she is speaking utter nonsense (I nearly said the sh word). I have never been to a slimming class, scottish slimmers, ww, rosemary con, where someone has lost more than a lb or 2 weekly except in their first week.

Personally I would take no notice of her losses and don't tell her yours. Sounds like she is trying to want to put you off your choice of diet. You stick to your guns.

On the water front, up the water you use for your shakes as this counts towards your fluid intake too.

One of my friends has constant UTI's and doc tells her to drink plenty of water to flush it out.

Your 6lb weight loss in realistic terms is 3 weeks at a slimming class @ £4 odd a week, not to mention the food you have had to buy, also the diet books they force on to you. Your body is lighter but your purse is heavier in comparison.

Good luck with your journey.

8lbs in the first week is very possible on any change in diet because of the water weight we shed at first. When I did slimming world a few years back I lost 10lb in my first week but it was 1/2lb to 2lbs every week after but I eventually got sick of substituting flavoursome things with quark and yoghurt and it worked out quite expensive because my children and husband wouldn't eat the slimming world friendly recipes I cooked so I moved over to VLCD and lost a lot more on a VLCD than I did on SW. I put the weight back on and now I'm back because I know that it works for me :) It will be worth it when I get to my goal weight!

Desperate...If you are worried about the losses you are getting try upping the amount of water you drink, that should help :)

also, does your friend have more to lose? The more you have to lose, the more you lose but closer to target it slows down.
but with VLDCs this doesnt happen. (ignoring the first 2 weeks)

Thanks guys, if it is all water loss in the first week does that mean I had less water to loose?!
I'm guna go to drs I think cause it hurts my stomach if I drink any more plus felt like my bladder was going to act burst yesterday :/ hopefully it's a bladder infection so a couple of days of antibiotics then I'll be able to up my water :) I didn't realise it included the water in your shakes etc and i have black coffee too :)
Start of a long journey sticking with the vlcd anyway. since the first week I sts at Ww o have put on 6 stone so it obvs wasn't for me!
Thanks for the support ladies :)

6lbs in a week is great. About 4lbs is water and glucose that was stored in your liver - you will put this on again if you eat carbs (which is why a day of cheating usually means a stay the same or a gain). The other 2lbs is fat. If you have been having 1.5l of water a day, you need to drink more- either in your shakes, in coffee or on it's own. Aim for at least 3l, spread evenly over the day, I suspect you could have lost another 1lb or 2 if you had- it seems to make a masive difference! 1st week losses are not indicative of subsequent losses on any plan. You need to weigh up what you want to do and what suits you best. I a't do low cal diets on my own, I make unwise choices and doing a VLCD is helping change that. I also have a thyroid issue, which even when medicated means a VERY slow metabolism. My 3 weeks of SW gave me a total loss of +2lbs (yes, that's right, following it to the letter I GAINED weight). On a VLCD I lose 1.5 - 2lbs a week and I am happy with this. Most people lose more.

Best of luck to you, this forum is a great support.

Thank you I really appreciate it :) I had a sneaky wi today and am a bit happier it was Totm so that's prob why! I'm really struggling with the water as have a painful bladder which I'm trying to get sorted. But tbh In that 1.5 I only included actual plain water not the water in coffee of extra water I'n shakes so prob drinking about 2.5! But yer I agree :) x

Back