wot do u think?

Curvygirl87

Silver Member
hi everyone :D

just a wee question, my friend is doin ww but also loves sw, she asked me if it would be possible if she done ww one week then sw the next and alternated between the two, wot do u think? i told her id ask all my buddies on minimims for their advice :D

Personally I can't see that working. WW is based around points whereas SW is based on lots of free foods. On a SW week you could eat a large filling pasta bake with cheese from your HEXA but that could be hugely high in WW points.

I think WW & SW are both healthy but very different. My advice would be to stick to one.

I dont see why it wouldnt work in theory. After all, they are both weightloss plans, and we SW'ers can choose to rotate between three if we want to. However, it could get massively confusing in practice - trying to remember all the rules for one plan is bad enough, even when you have been doing it a while. If she was scrupulous about planning and had all the information available to plan her weeks according to the plan she was using, then it would be an interesting experiment to try it and see, but if shes easily muddled it would be best avoided as it is very easy to make a mistake.

To me that sounds like it would end up being more effort and more confusing than just sticking to one! Like LisaC said, they both work but are different so it might be detrimental to try mixing them up.

I guess it could work, probably best to do a month of each though, a week might be a bit too quick xx

I personally wasn’t to sure if it would work either, but told her maybe she could try it, she has both books so has all the information, i see where she is coming from as i too love sw but also like the variety of ww it was just weighin everythin that stressed me out lol xx

i think if i tried that my head might explode. took me sooooo long to get used to sw after years on and off with ww!!

I personally wasn’t to sure if it would work either, but told her maybe she could try it, she has both books so has all the information, i see where she is coming from as i too love sw but also like the variety of ww it was just weighin everythin that stressed me out lol xx

Er, what variety is there on WW that you dont get on SW? :confused:

Personally I dont see the point, pick a good plan and stick to it, either WW or SW are totally fine weight loss plans.

the likes of special k etc or proper bread, thats wat i mean, as i say its not for me was askin for a friend but i see her point x

I guess the problem with chopping and changing diets like this is that if you do that (I mean a general you, rather than the OP!) you don't build those long-term ingrained habits that will help you keep the weight off when you get to target.

No reason why switching between the plans on a weekly basis wouldn't result in weight loss though. Personally, I think I'd find it a bit confusing!

I think it would work but I prefer to just keep one of them in my head. I used to think in points, now I think in Freefoods and syns. Couldnt be bothered with both but it may work for her

Yes, of course it could work. It might be easier to do the Filling & Healthy WW plan instead of counting ProPoints, as at least it's more like SW.

I think it would work, but I think it would be the confusion which would be the downfall.

Once I compared my food for the day with my friend who was on WW, my intake worked out to be about the same as a day's allowance of points.

I can see the attraction with WW sometimes, I long for a bagel or wrap without using all my syns, but then I don't want to weigh pasta etc so I soon forget the idea!!

Very valid point jaylou xx

Just tell her to join sw then she won't have to swap about and it's far easier.

I don't see why not? As long as she does do at least a week at a time. I guess the proof will be in the pudding.

Back