would any1 reccomend cd to me?

hey there guys.

im currently doing weight watchers and always see posts about cd. i have looked on the internet and roughly get the gist you have shakes to loose the weight. but im curious as to whats actually involved and is it easy? i like a good drink at weekends aswell,usually on a friday!! so i assume this wouldnt be the diet for me as iv heard you cant drink? and what is ketosis? and do u really get bad breath!!?:eek:
sorry if this is a bit long winded,just curious to see if i can speed up my weight loss!!

thanks x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x ;) :eek:

Hiya Kelly

The CD has many different stages the sole source one is where u have 3 or 4 shakes a day depending on your height you can also have bars (in ya 3rd week) and soups. Yes u cant drink and like u i loved my nights in the local on a friday but had to just either go and drink water and laugh at everyone else being drunk or stay in theres no other option really. And yeah your breath will smell a little but you can have gum or i use listering strips which disolve on ya tongue. It does aid weigh loss very quickly ive lost a stone in 2 weeks but everyone is different. Good luck with whatever you choose xxx

Oh the 1st 7 days are the hardest after that it does get easier xx

the diet is amazing! if you want to get the weight off very fast and safely and live your life happy then this is the diet for you! good luck! xx

If you are willing to give up the alcohol for a few months and totally replace meals with shakes this will shift the weight at approximately 1st per month.

I am not entirely sure what ketosis is, but what is does is tells your body to burn fat rather than store it and since you are on a very low calorie diet your body needs to burn more fat than on other diets. It can cause breath issues for some but water consumption helps with that. The other side effect of ketosis after a while is you have a bit more energy and feel more alert.

I'm in my 9th week on the diet, I drink alot of water and I have not had a huge issue with my breath, I carry around a breath spray just in case but I havent used it in weeks.

I wouldnt describe this diet as easy, it takes a tremendous amount of will power, particularly in the beginning. It varies, some people are ok after 4 or 5 days for others it takes 10 days to 2 weeks to get into the zone. You shouldnt really feel physically hungry on this diet, but it wont stop you wanting food, and emotional hunger can be a huge stumbling block that needs to be managed.

Depending on your height / gender you have 3 or 4 shakes / soups per day. After completing 2 weeks you can introduce bars instead of a shake. You need a blender for the shakes, but the soups can be made up in a cup or you can have ready made shakes (tetras) but there are only 2 flavours available at the moment.

If giving up the alcohol is going to make you miserable, I would suggest that CD not the diet for you. But if you look at it from the point of view that its just temporary and its not forever it might be worth giving it a shot

Best of luck whatever you decide

aw thanks for your replies! it does sound very hard as i do enjoy my food greatly (thats why iv gotten fat again!) and as for the drinking,i do only have a tipple on a friday,end the working week on a high! and usually hangover day consists of something yummy! which i do usually manage on ww if im good as weigh in is on thurs so i can rectify myself by then...most of the time! but it is something to think about definatly.the weight loss sounds great and i would love to loose it at that rate. is it expensive? x x x

I pay £38 a week but if u think your not buying food and water is free ha ha ha

Shakes/Soups cost £1.65 each
Tetra Blocks [ready made drink cartons] cost £1.85 each
Bars [allowed from Week 3 onwards] cost £1.90 each

However rates can vary from Councellor to Councellor, as far as i know. So you're talking at approx £34.65+ per week. Although that sounds expensive, if you take into consideration the amount you normally spend per week on food, it probably works out a lot cheaper, when you're on sole source.

You do need a great deal of willpower, i was going okay up until the weekend, i then fell off the wagon, and haven't managed to find the strength to get back into it all again, so i'm on WW for the moment, until i get myself together again. That said, it is definitely a great diet, and never feeling hungry is a great advantage! If you do decide to join, learn from my mistake and don't slip up, because you'll break the ketosis [not feeling hungry cycle]!

Hi Hun,
I am on my second week, the first week was an absolute killer - i was dreaming about food - it was like going cold turky!!

Lost 8.5lbs first week.
Now on second week and im finding it far too easy!! Hardest thing is no alcohol for me too!! i like a tipple at weekends!! but its only short term.

I have been doing slimming world for so long and i love that diet but i had got to a stand still so needed a boost - but for maintenance i shall prob return!!

Remember what they say no pain no gain!! To look beautiful you have to make sacrifices!!

I am so glad i have done it - but these other girlies are right it takes alot of will power for first week!!!

xxxxx

Yeah will power is the key !! I kept myself occupied in my 1st week and it flew by its just waiting for Ketosis to kick in x

im on day 8 now, and yeah everyone is right the first week is the hardest! and now i don't even think about food, and when i see my family eating i actually realise how much i used to eat and that spurs me on even more to carry on, and this past week has gone sooo quick! not much longer to go :)

thanks festivalfairy,yvonne and sexy waiting to happen!! loads and loads of really good feedback from you all. i havent got much will power at the best of times.so it really sounds very hard!! my other half eats like a pig aswell and never puts on weight! so his yummy food would probably make me fall off the wagon everyday!he he! and i fully undrstand what ketosis is now! and sexy waiting to happen,8.5lb in 1 week thats amazing! as for will power...id have to finish my OH for a few weeks so i wasnt tempted by his food and alcohol! lol! suppose it wouldnt do any harm.....!!id b glad of the break! x x x x x

im on day 8 now, and yeah everyone is right the first week is the hardest! and now i don't even think about food, and when i see my family eating i actually realise how much i used to eat and that spurs me on even more to carry on, and this past week has gone sooo quick! not much longer to go :)

wow you lost 8lb,thats brilliant jackie. the more i hear of all you losses im being swayed a little more each time! i think that would be the hardest for me watching ppl eating,id be so jelous,i cant imagine the feeling of ever being full off a shake??!!! x x x :eek:

wow you lost 8lb,thats brilliant jackie. the more i hear of all you losses im being swayed a little more each time! i think that would be the hardest for me watching ppl eating,id be so jelous,i cant imagine the feeling of ever being full off a shake??!!! x x x :eek:

It is hard to imagine being full from a shake, but beilive me your stomach will shrink so much! and its nice to know that when you're being lazy on the sofa your body is burning fat lol, my kinda diet! i just had my afternoon shake which i turned into a choc muffin which was lovely and i feel absolutly stuffed! food issue, you do get used to watching people eat i assure you! im just like you in the sense that i LOVE my food, but iv come to the conclusion that this is the year to do it! get it done and just have a healthy life (im only 20) and want to feel confident when going out with my friends. i think its well worth doing, and honestly you will find so much support on here! when iv had cravings its really helped motivate me!

xxx

i so know what you mean hun,im 24 and was slim up until about a year ago,i had so much confidence and enjoyed getting ready,doing my make up spot on,and wearing gorgeous size 10 clothes (ahh it seems a life time ago!) but since meeting stew (my OH) its totally ruined my looks!!(ha bless him,he doesnt even know hes dun anything wrong!) i used to walk out of the house happy and confident....now it takes me half my time to get out of the house!!and i find that all size 16 clothes arnet as nice as the size 10's and they are never on the rails,especially in river island,as i love it in there but size 16 just look horrid on me,and dont fit nice. and that sounds well nice a choc muffin? how u make that then? x x x

kelly, this diet is AMAZING, i have/had no willpower AT ALL, and stuck to a diet for a few days, then promising myself il start the next monday!, ive been on this diet for 5weeks now, and lost 5lb off 3stone! My partner eats rubbish loads, and it doesnt tempt me at all, i even sat at mcdonalds today while he had such a nice looking meal lol then sat in costa coffee, while i had a water and he had a double choc flake flappe. But being thin means more to me then five mins of food.
Hope you make the right choice, is drink more important then being really happy?

good luck

kim xxxx

oh and BTW, you get an "add a meal" every 5weeks, which is meat and veg, so that helps =]

OMG kimmie thats amazing!!! thats how much i have to loose,3 st.well done. and its good you can still have a meal every now and then isnt it? well i went back to ww last nite and put on 5lb in the 3 weeks i wasnt there,although i didnt put it all back on,1.5lb is still gone! i will definatly consider CD now,if i struggle at ww from here on,i am 100% doing CD.thanks for you feedback hunny!! and wel done again!!! x x x x x x

Back