Would bars make a difference??

Ria C

Hi,

Ive just had my 3rd weigh in and have only lost a 1lb...:cry:

I have been 100% ss and its not been easy as I had 3 days away from home, so I was really looking forward to seeing a good result on the scales.

Wk 1 and 2 I lost 4lbs each time.

The only thing I can think off that was different to last few weeks was that I was having a bar in the evening..could this effect my weight loss, and Im sure they had me quite bloated too...does anyone find this?

Im so close to wanting to give up as being unsociable and without food isnt worth it for a 1Lb....

my totm isnt due for a bit and ive been supping water lots...any ideas what it may be??

Sorry for the moan but wanted your help.:confused:

Thanks
Ria

Hey Ria..
Just wanted to say your doing really well..stick with it.. you have still lost 9 pounds which is fab in 3 weeks... A pound is still a pound off.
We all work differently I have a bar a day but I always have it at lunch time.. Perhaps change the time of day you are having it.
Dont give up though stick with it, it will come of next week I am sure.
Chin up x

The bars can slow weightloss in some people I believe

Hiya,,...

Last time the bars kicked of cravings in me and I think in me they do make me retain a bit of fluid... I am now planning to have max 2 a week and have an extra litre of water for each I have.
Maybe try not have any for 2 weeks and see, but then you might have hefty losses anyway??
All trial and error!

x

Hi,

Ive just had my 3rd weigh in and have only lost a 1lb...:cry:

I have been 100% ss and its not been easy as I had 3 days away from home, so I was really looking forward to seeing a good result on the scales.

Wk 1 and 2 I lost 4lbs each time.

The only thing I can think off that was different to last few weeks was that I was having a bar in the evening..could this effect my weight loss, and Im sure they had me quite bloated too...does anyone find this?

Im so close to wanting to give up as being unsociable and without food isnt worth it for a 1Lb....

my totm isnt due for a bit and ive been supping water lots...any ideas what it may be??

Sorry for the moan but wanted your help.:confused:

Thanks
Ria

How tall are you, hun? I'm guessing that the stats to the left of your post are right - and if they are, you haven't got loads to lose. Okay, I know it seems loads to you :D - but the constant 3 to 4 pound a week losses you see around here belong to those who've got to lose several stones in weight.

Sadly, weight loss slows down the closer we get to goal. Plus, weeks 2 to 3 are notorious for being rubbish weight loss weeks. I think it's just the body stubbornly clinging to water cos you've lost fat (and seeing you say you feel bloated, that's quite likely to be the case).

Hang in there - it will come off.

Thanks for your help everyone..Ive opted not to buy any bars this week so will see how I get on....its hard work is this dieting malarkey!!

Hi Lily,

thanks for your reply...Im 5ft 3 (and a half!) I've about a stone and a half to lose altogether and I understand about smaller losses as Ive not a lot to lose...its just that I feel massive and even though Ive lost 9lbs I cant see it or feel it.

I just wanted to see more reward for my efforts I suppose as I am finding CD quite difficult.

But I wont give up as you have all been such a great help to me and Im determined to lose that last stone!

Hi Lily,

thanks for your reply...Im 5ft 3 (and a half!) I've about a stone and a half to lose altogether and I understand about smaller losses as Ive not a lot to lose...its just that I feel massive and even though Ive lost 9lbs I cant see it or feel it.

I just wanted to see more reward for my efforts I suppose as I am finding CD quite difficult.

But I wont give up as you have all been such a great help to me and Im determined to lose that last stone!

Good for you. And I know you can do it!

By my calculations, you only need to lose another pound before you need to move up to 810 anyway. Having a little bit of food should help to make it all seem a lot better too.

Keep the faith :D

Wait & see what your losses are next week. Quite often after a couple of weeks of good loses your body seems to try to hold on to the weight a bit, but gives up the next week & you get a much bigger loss!

I've been having a bar a day since week 2 and love them and don't think they have affected my losses. But i don't know what losses would have been without them! Unless my losses stopped though I don't think I would give up my bars, they're something to look forward to!

Wait & see what your losses are next week. Quite often after a couple of weeks of good loses your body seems to try to hold on to the weight a bit, but gives up the next week & you get a much bigger loss!
This is very true - my CDC reported a lady who lost a pound one week, then one pound the next, then NINE pounds the next! :eek: You never can tell! :)

Back