Wow people who understand how I feel!

Lem

Hi there I'm so glad I found this place I'm 28 years old and 25 stone 6 so have a lot of weight to lose. Usually people will say to me I know how you feel I could do with losing a stone or two..... Ha try needing to lose upwards of 10 stone! That's when I found you beautiful people! So I started ta king xenical one week ago today (friday) and I got weighed and I'd lost 3lbs and I was disappointed coz it wasn't that much could really use some friendly purple to talk to and if any one wants to buddy up please get in touch coz I could do with it tanks guys x

Hey 3 pound is a good loss you should be happy. I know how annoying it can be when you hear of losses tgat are huge, but those losses are rarely pure fat...its mostly water loss.

Your body can comfortably lose 1-3lbs a week. Its healthier this way. Yes, it will take a long time. But losing a lot of weight isn't sonething that can be done in a month or two. You will see the phrase 'its not a sprint, its a marathon' on these forums and its true. The weight took time to put on, it will take time to come off.

Don't focus too much on the end goal as it can seem insurmountable. Instead set mini goals along the way and ensure your weightloss plans are sustainable.

Remember, 3lbs may not seem like a lot, but its equivalent to 6packs of butter!!

Aesir22 thanks for that reply! It didn't even register to me that 3lbs was 6 packs of butter I feel a bit better now lol. You're right it takes a long time to put this weight on I've struggled with it all my life and was always the biggest person in my school, I remember in primary school we were in a singing competition and all had to wear school jumpers and I didn't have one so I had to borrow a teachers coz none of the kids sizes would fit me! Wow that really hurts now at the time it didn't even phase me but looking back I'm so sad! I can't actually think of a time in my life when people wouldn't comment on my size! But now I'm determined I'm not asking for the impossible I just want to be normal! X

I am exactly the same. Weight has always affected my life. Even now i struggle with finding clothes and hiding fat when i sit down etc etc

Three pounds is great going, congrats. You have said you feel a bit better now, and so you should as it's great and if you lost that amount each week the weight will fly off and by this time next year you will be where you want to be.

Well done on your 3lb loss, better off than on right :D

Good luck with the rest of your weight loss.
I did xenical last year (lost 4 stone in 3 months so it works!) and the info you get here in the xen section is amazing.

Back