WW advice pl!

Sez

has started again!!
Well, here I am yet again. Been all over these forums it seems, yet just cant get my mojo back. I lost 8 stone last year with LL, and one way or another have regained 3!! :sigh:

I dallied with CD, which was fab, but the CDC's round here weren't, so I failed. Then i tried Atkins and I am sure it is great for those who manage to portion control, but in my head it was carte blanche to fest on butter & Hellmans, with dreadful results. :sigh::sigh:

I have done SW in the past too (see told you I had been around!) & I went back to that, butI honestly think I was too complacent I just kept losing a couple of lbs only to regain next week.:sigh::sigh::sigh:

So, I think I might give WW a go, having never tried it. It would be new to me & maybe the novelty would work. What are your opinions of the diet & howlong to lose my 3 stone, do you reckon?

Also is it pricy? I know cost is relative, but as ever, money is fairly tight!! We have a Florida hol booked for next Easter, I am saving like mad, but also want to be slim(mer) for that one too....

Looking forward to hearing from you all, and sorry if I am a pain.

Sez

Hi Sez,

Firstly well dont on keeping so much of your weight off! Thats a big achievement.

Im frim Ireland so WW is €10 a week so about £7.50 or so I imagine. Ive dabled in most diets like yourself from nutron to CD to Lipotrim but I always come back to ww because you can live a normal life while your getting slimmer. Also sometimes the slower you loose your weight the better chance you have of keeping it off!

Good luck x

well as you can imagine I absolutely LOVE WW as a diet. I really do, love the fact nothing is off limits to you.

You dont have to go to classes, so long as you have the 'essentials' you can do it from home yourself.

WW say an average loss of half a stone a month is achievable but some people do lose more

I've done SW many times in the past, succesfully too. I've also tried the VLCD's but they just weren't for me. I've recently started the Core plan on WW and find it suits me perfectly. The focus is on healthy balanced meals, so you're learning proper eating patterns for life, and with your weekly points you can still have treats and extras.

Thanks for the replies. I am pretty certain I am going to give WW a try, after all, what is there to lose but weight?

My head still says to me that I should VLCD again, to lose weight quickly, but in my heart I know that I wont stick to it because I want to live in the "real" world. I am fairly certain, altho not been brave enough to see my GP, that I have a mild depression (I have self analysed on many self help sites, and the answer is always "mild depression") I dont think a VLCD would help this, nor help me to set my mind straight on "food thinking".

I will invetsgiate my local classes and come back as and when. Thanks again, I appreciate it, altho I know I am becoming a Minis pain!

Hiya sez. Having done slimming world and ww, prefer WW by far. I pay the monthly subscription online so i can use the esource and have access to the whole site which i find incredibly useful, if you went to the meetings with the monthly pass you dont have to pay either. I think i pay 17 quid a month.

Some of us have recently stopped going to meetings and were now having a wi online wednesday and having a meet here instead lol, your more then welcome to join us! Also at the top we have a 100% club as well so have a nosey.

Theres usually quite a few of us on so if you need help please ask as when you first start it can be difficult getting in the swing of things!

Good luck hunni x

Hi Sez

I've done SW and WW too and I prefer WW. If you struggle with portion control then SW probably isn't for you.

As Starlight says, you don't have to join a group if you don't want to, you can do it on here. We have, as Sarah says, our Wednesday WI group on here, which you would be more than welcome to join.

If you are going to do it at home, you need an 'eat' guide and a ww calculator.

Have a look at noreen blackett's site: My Long and Bumpy Journey | A new me in 2007

She has points values of all sorts of foods and eating out places.

You're right when you say the trick to losing weight and keeping it off is learning new eating habits that you can stick to for the rest of your life.

WW does that IMHO as you learn what easy, low-points subsitutions you can make instead of eating more fattening things.

Good luck

karen x

Thanks for info re your weekly on-line WI. I will look at WW online stuff and get back to you. I am feeling stronger by the day and I think I may be joining you very soon.

HI THERE!! You are all lovely WW folks and you have been very helpful to me.

I have done lots of talking & thinking and advice seeking this week and finally made a choice re diet. I AM going back to CD, for the time being at least. I have contacted my CDC and will restart very soon.

Just wanted to reiterate how grateful I am to everyone at Minis for their kind, open and honest advice, and hope Ihavent upset any of you by turning down that which was given here.

Wishing all you WWers every success, onwards & downwards eh!!!

Back