WW newbie

debs78

Morning all. I have been messing about with lipotrim for quite a while now and have found myself heavier than when I started. I was contemplating going back on it but then read a thread on another forum from a woman who has done cambridge in the past who basically said that she did the diet, re-fed properly and at healthily but still put all the weight back on and then some. She has now found that her metabolism is so messed up that she can't shift anything now no matter what she does. Having read that it has put me right off the quick fix diets and so I have decided to start following weight watchers. I wont be joining a class as work shifts and wont get to a regular one anyway so going to be doing it at home with my trusty points calculator and a food diary.

I have joined because I have booked a 3 week holiday in Florida for next May for just me and the man and I soooooo don't want to go looking and feeling like this. Apart from anything I don't think my knees could cope with walking the parks all day.

So anyway, that's me. I am looking forward to getting to know you a bit better as I suspect I may be here for some time :rolleyes:

Debs x

(I would just like to say that I don't judge anyone choosing to follow a vlcd it's just not for me anymore)

Hi Debs!

Welcome to WW threads! :D You will really love the flexibility of the plan and should see good weight loss.

Sorry you've had a bit of a nightmare with lipotrim but having been on VLCD (CD) I can't say I've had much bother maintaining my 3stone plus loss for nearly a year now and had no issues with my metabolism so I don't know what was going on with that other person:confused: Must have been very frustrating!

Good luck with your weight loss journey and keep us posted!

Hello and welcome, ww is a great diet, its nice to know you can more or less have anything you want with a bit of planning. and it works (i'm only still here cos i have a habit of meesing about, not that ww failed)
i know i couldnt do a vlcd, best i have managed was slimfast for a few days but everyone has to do what suits them, so welcome again and good luck

Good luck with WW - it really does work
I started WW for health reasons too - my knees are quite bad now and I would love to put off knee surgery for as long as possible

I do go to class and personally find it invaluable (I dont go every week)

but since finding this forum its like one huge online class - everyone has been so supportive

pop around and read a few diaries - some are so inspirational

and if you dont know something or dont understand something ASK that is the joy of this online class - someone is always around - not like weekly meetings :)

Hello and welcome to the WW section.
Good luck on your journey,one reason for me starting WW(apart from being overweight) was my knee pain it was terrible could hardly walk up the stairs some days!

But after losing almost 3 stone i can walk very easily and even run!!
Its very friendly here and everyone is great. :)

Welcome to the WW board,its very supportive here and you will get all the advice you need so won't miss classes.

Hope it all goes well for you.

M

Thanks all for your welcomes. I'm feeling really positive and motivated at the moment, helped not least by the gorgeous weather we are having, really gives you that get up and go feeling.

First day yesterday went well. I ate all of my 27 points and didn't feel too hungry at all which was a plesant suprise. I just need to work hard at making good food choices. things that will me rather than just satisfy whatever craving I happen to be having at the time.

I have been reading through peole's diary's and they are really motivational. I will def be using this site daily to help keep me on track.

xx

I have been reading through peole's diary's and they are really motivational. I will def be using this site daily to help keep me on track.

xx

Great news that you will be sticking with this site - as said before - good luck on your journey - little steps will ensure great progress

Back