WW On refferal

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by sweetchant1lly, 8 July 2011 Social URL.

1. sweetchant1lly

sweetchant1lly Here we go again ..

Start Weight:
    137.44kg
    Current Weight:
    135.62kg
    Goal Weight:
    95.25kg
    Lost(%):
    1.8kg(1.32%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Hey everyone a bit of usefull info i was just wondering if you had heard that weight watchers has won the bid this time for slimming on referal.

If it works the same as slimmingworld on referal that will mean doctors can prescribe weightwatchers for 12 weeks free of charge to there patients.

Think there maybe a few slimming world to weightwatchers converts now

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Mifford

Mifford Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st4.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9.5lb(10.49%)
    Diet:
    WW
    I asked my doctor about this a little while back when it was in the news and she told me she doesn't know anything about any diet referrals on the NHS and it was all news to her and clearly wasn't planning on finding out anything about it either so if you have a non too helpful GP then good luck! lol

4. sweetchant1lly

sweetchant1lly Here we go again ..

Start Weight:
    137.44kg
    Current Weight:
    135.62kg
    Goal Weight:
    95.25kg
    Lost(%):
    1.8kg(1.32%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    vouchers can also be avalible through other sources for me i got my slimmingworld ones from my local healthy living centre.

5. shazza2971

shazza2971 Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st8lb
    Current Weight:
    14st10.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11.5lb(10.99%)
    Diet:
    WW
    Had a look at this and it seems that if your health is affected by your weight then your doctor can refer you to WW and you get a course of 12 weeks courtesy of the nhs!! I do think that it still depends on your own Health Authority as not all are in the scheme, worth asking the doc tho!

6. Charlotte-Eve

Charlotte-Eve x It's my year to shine x

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    2st11.4lb(18.16%)
    Diet:
    WW ProPoints
    Not all areas offer the weight loss referral system, but it's always useful to ask. Also, AFAIK, you can't have attended a slimming club within a certain amount of time before you ask for referral - I think it's 3 or 6 months! but that may well have changed. Although I know they'd be able to check if you used to go to WW, however I doubt they'd check up on whether you attended SW or Rosemary Conely (sp!!), for example :)

7. Charlotte-Eve

Charlotte-Eve x It's my year to shine x

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    2st11.4lb(18.16%)
    Diet:
    WW ProPoints
    LOL shazza must have been writing my reply the same time you posted :) hehe x

8. zebredy

zebredy Sci-Fi Geek

Diet:
    WW
    This is a shame really, its that postcode lottery.

People are denied free medication or treatment cause they live in the wrong county.

This time its even worse, its not just county its doctors surgery's.

What really pees me off about this is, my dad has not been to a meeting yet (he is supposed to go, and says he will) but he got the vouchers from his doctors, yet we can't get it from ours and we would make the effort (and do) to go and use them.

I just wish every doctors would give the vouchers out to everyone who needs them (I mean cause of there being over weight affecting there health big time)

Ahhh sorry for my rant

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.