ww or sw?

busybee123

I've posted this on sw forum to just to see what everyone says!!!

I did Ww a year or so ago and always lost weight but was quite often hungry.

I've never tried the new pro points.

My loses have never been as good on sw. Has anyone else felt the same?

Trying to decide whether or not to persevere with sw or have a change.

hi there, i was at sw until early this year and not really getting anywhere, my portions were way out of control with all the free food i continuously munched on!

joined ww pp in march and have not regretted it for one minute and the weight is coming off slowly :D

i'd say give pp a go, much better than the old plan which i only managed to do for a very short while as i kept running out of points lol x

Thanks smirnoff. Do you have much to lose or not? Would that make a difference?
I have low blood sugar so i'm at near fainting point if I don't eat enough or regularly so as you can imagine that can be a pain Which is one reason why I have up Ww in the first place.

i was initially given a target of 32 pounds to get me to my healthy bmi (10st6lbs) and i have lost 18 and a half so far. i am hoping to lose the remaining 13 and a half before my hols late sept and then i'll probably try to lose a bit more after that (if i feel i need too!).

i have 29 daily points which i have no trouble eating and save my weekly 49 points for the weekend. the good thing about pp is that most fruit and veg are now free so you can bulk up meals which you couldn't do on the old plan without counting them.

Oh I see. That's dead good well done you!!
So really unless I join again I won't know will I.

So are you allowed more points now then and an overall weekly allowence too?
That's different!!

So you don't get hungry then?

the points are worked out on your height, age and sex (i think). the lowest points is 29 and everyone gets the 49 regardless of size. some people on here with more weight to lose may get, for example, 20 more daily points and some of them say they struggle to use them!

i do sometimes feel hungry but it does not bother me. that was the problem i had with sw, every time i felt hungry i just kept eating lol

i'd say try pp then, you have nothing to lose except weight!!

Hiya!
I also done sw last yr and lost 18lbs over about 4 months. I found it very monotonous thou and eventually gor bored. Im not really into "meals" as such...like i never ear "dinner". I prefer something like eggs n toast etc.
I also found there wasnt much bang for your buck with the syns. I LOVE the ww weeklies and i always save them for a big takeaway at the wknd! Defo helps me stay on track when i know i have them to blow on a sat nite!!
Anyway, everyone's different and i know a few people who swear by sw...just not for me!

I tried sw. Well, i never really got off the ground tbh ! i was so confused by reds, greens, healthy extras and syns ! yet my auntie swears by it.

I find ww alot easier now theres pro points. I did ww last year and was starving all the time, not now !!

I think whatever feels right for you & whichever gets you the results you want, is the one to go with.

Good luck sweet !

i would get an occasional hypo attack (i'm not a diabetic, just insulin resistent) and I find ww is fine. You just need to divide your points out throughout the day... I'm finding myself having 4 smaller meals, and having fruit to fill out gaps. It's more than managable. And you've got your buffer of 49pp if you need an emergency sugar hit x

With regards to the portion control... really we all have to be honest with ourselves, everyone here on this forum knows you can't just eat eat eat and lose weight, realistically. (thats the one downside to sw, you have to have a lot of self control and not go mad because you see "free" food)

The thing that has struck me about switching from SW to WW - is the "free food" element

When I was on SW, I could not do the 3rd superfood thing. No matter how much I tried, veg only took up a quarter (at the most) of my plate

Now I am on WW, all I seem to eat is veg lol

Excellent advice thanks.

I only want to lose 1 stone. And I've never done pro points so dnt understand it at all.

I do find I eat a hell of a lot - even if I'm not hungry on sw purely because it's "free"!!

I agree with what everyone has said although I'm sure you will get convincing arguments on the SW thread! :)

I've just switched from SW to PP and having tried WW in the past and been hungry I have to say I'm finding this plan pretty easy and I'm rarely hungry - I eat more fruit and veg than I did on SW too!

Back