Ww points for Quorn products

irishmini

Hi all anyone know the points for Quorn products like sausages, chicken bites, rashers? Only have the points for chicken fillets, pieces and mince.

thanks

Would you mind sharing the points for mince & pieces? I used these a lot on SW and would like to keep using them! Would also like to know the sausages & swedish 'meat'balls! C xx

Hiya,

Sausages (if you buy them in the frozen bagged multipack) are 50cals and 0.5 points each
Quorn fillets are the same 0.5 points each
Quorn Pieces 1/4 pack 88g 1.5
Quorn deli rasher 1 is 0.5 points

I mainly look on the back of the packet and check the cals and sat fat and work it out from the guide

Sausages (if you buy them in the frozen bagged multipack) are 50cals and 0.5 points each
:eek::eek::eek:
I've been pointing them as 1 pt - woo hoo! I know it's only little but that 0.5 can make all the difference sometimes.

Thought the fillets are like the WW bread i.e. 0.5 for one but 1.5 for two? I reckon the sausages must be the same?

Yep, for most things when there are more than one you add an extra 0.5 points. A 'serving' of bacon is 1 point though, and that is for two rashers.

Oh I did not know that, that's silly why do you add an extra 0.5 of a point for more than 1? When you are eating the same thing twice? That makes no sense to me and I have been counting them at 0.5 each. You wouldn't have two apples 0.5 each and then say it is 1.5 not 1 would you? I am v confused.

Oh I did not know that, that's silly why do you add an extra 0.5 of a point for more than 1? When you are eating the same thing twice? That makes no sense to me and I have been counting them at 0.5 each. You wouldn't have two apples 0.5 each and then say it is 1.5 not 1 would you? I am v confused.

Because they round things up to make things easier to count. Otherwise we would be working in 0.7pts and 0.9pts which would make things really difficult to add up and would be far too complicated.

So if one sausage were (for example) actually 0.7 pts, this would be rounded to 0.5 pts. But for two sausages that would actually be 1.4 pts and would therefore be rounded up to 1.5pts for the two.

Does that make sense?

Ive never done the rounding up thing EVER... people have different opinions on it. Im with you 0.5 x 2 = 1 I figure it works out swings and roundabouts in the end some things the calculator will round up some itll round down.

As a matter of interest for those that do round up, what do you do if you have more than 2 of a thing.... like the Quorn sausage rolls for example theyre 0.5 points for a mini one, but if Im having them with beans for a meal Ill maybe have 6 mini ones

As a matter of interest for those that do round up, what do you do if you have more than 2 of a thing.... like the Quorn sausage rolls for example theyre 0.5 points for a mini one, but if Im having them with beans for a meal Ill maybe have 6 mini ones

I see your point and it's not something I'm really really strict about but likewise I try to follow whatever the pointy thing says. I guess it's about portion sizes?

Because, lets say you had a meal that was 6pts, but by dividing the nutritional value up it came to only 0.5pts for a quarter of the meal. That wouldn't be accurate, because it's partly about the calories/sat fat of the 'portion' you are looking at.

I guess like you say it's swings and roundabouts. Because I complain when it's 1.5 for two 0.5 sausages, but then again I don't complain that I can have 3 ryvita for 1pt! Only when it doesn't work in my favour!

It's just because they have a complicated science of making sure that the diet is accessible but also works out properly to add up to weight loss.

I guess 0.5pts doesn't matter much in the grand scheme of things.

Ive never done the rounding up thing EVER... people have different opinions on it. Im with you 0.5 x 2 = 1 I figure it works out swings and roundabouts in the end some things the calculator will round up some itll round down.

Yeah it just seems ludicris to me to round it up to 1.5, there is no reason in my logic. Like if you were calorie counting you would put 100 calories for 2 quorn sausages not 150. The calories and sat fat for two sausages are gonna be the same for each other.

Look out for the sausages, the cumberland ones are 1 point each, the bangers are 0.5 :)

I think it is silly too, since you don't get told this when you do WW at home with the meetings.

I get confused with home cooking too as I make a yummy aduki bean and vegetable crumble which is 4.5 points when I put the ingredients individually but it is 6 points when I just add up all the calories!

Back