WW to Slimming World

Donnie46

Slow but sure....
I did Weight Watchers for years yo'ing yo'ing up and down with my weight and not really getting anywhere, and then I found SW 2 weeks ago and I love the diet, I wish I had tried it before now...

My question is how do I get the blooming WW points out of my head ?

Everything I eat - the points are there in my mind, it's bad enough getting used to the idea that ALL the food I am eating now is free and allowed (I still check my handbook because I can't believe it) without having the guilt of WW points running through my mind as well.

Has anyone else had this problem I wonder?

You really do have to try and forget everything, and that's not just WW, you ever learnt about dieting and study the plans. It works and just trust it.

Hi
I have done ww and was considering to join sw but there is alot of free food on sw where with ww you have to count it it will take some getting used to not having to count points on free foods
Good Luck

Look into eyes ... not round my eyes... but in my eyes !!

Ok your under !

You are not doing WW you are now doing SW, and points mean nothing (not even prizes heheheh)

OK your back in the room

There we go cured

Phil x

:ps good luck you made a great choice you will do well I am sure !

Gingernut I find SW so more better than WW, there is so much free food on it, I won't be going back to WW again, do give SW a try, you will love it too.

Evanesco thank you for your advice, you are right I just have to let go as were and go with the diet without feeling guilty, many thanks.

LOL...Phil, many thank's for that, I am sold on the SW diet and now I have forgotten WW and their perishing points system.....I see you are a Little Britain fan too, great stuff.

Hi Donnie46
Yes there is alot of different free food you can have the only thing which will be my problem is with the extra easy plan you have to count bread as syns and it could be 6.5 syns out of your 15 a day
Thanks

you can have your bread as a HEB....
On extra easy you are allowed one HEA and one HEB per day...
Bread for a HEB would be:-
57g of any wholemeal bread
57g wholemeal roll
2 slices from a 400g wholemeal loaf.
Anything extra will be a syn.....
1 slice white bread - 3.5
1 slice thick white - 5.0
1 slice wholemeal - 3.0
1 slice thick wholemeal - 5.0 syns
I think that is all correct, Im sure if Im wrong someone more wise will correct me. :D

Hi
Thanks that has given me some ideas now so if i was doing extra easy could you take your bread as HEB instead of your cereal would you syn your cereals or would you have a free bfast

Ginger....
I have been doing SW(EE) for 2 weeks, and in the 2 weeks I have not touched bread..
Bread is my all time biggest downfall. I cant have just one slice, so I am trying to cut it out completely just to see if it helps...I tend to have eggs and bacon or eggs and mushrooms that type of thing...
If I have cereal in the morning I use it as my HEB and use the milk as my HEA.
Personally I wouldnt eat cereal and syn it because for example 28g special k is 5 syns. LOL. sorry but that wouldn't fill a hole in my tooth.... I think its a waste of syns.. BUT that is for ME personally.... everyone is different...

Thanks for the advice Debby,

I prefer to eat eggs for breakfast I find they fill me up and keep me satisfied for longer and no syns, I tend to use my HEXB on 2 light Alpen bars (my daily sweet fix now) or maybe 2 WW bread, and I hate milk so I have my HEXA as a bedtime cocoa drink that way I can drink it.

We are all different and we all have our own ways of coping with the diet, I love curry so I am curbing that at the moment, and when the craving does start I shall try one of the SW curry recipes...

hi there I know this isnt in the rules of slimming world, but I too am a recovering weight watcher former member too..lol. I do slimming world but I still do the points as well I have between 18-22 each day but following the slimming world diet, it works a treat with me. I loose every week and enjoy the control weight watchers gives me, but the portion sizes of slimming world... not looked back its week 4 and Ive lost 11lb which is good for me because ive managed a whole month without cheating...

I've done weightwatchers before and it does take some time to get points out of your head. I've been doing slimming world on and off for over a year now and I still think calories sometimes. It makes me feel guilty sometimes when I guess how many calories there are in things, but you have to get all that nonsense out of your head because slimming world really does work when you stick to it 100%. Good luck!

Back