WW vs SW

Thank you everyone. I now really cannot wait. It'll be 3rd oct before i can join....get paid the tuesday (27th sept) but of course the meeting near me is the monday so will have the money nearly a week before i can join! Argh! frustration! lol. :) x

I have done slimming world, rosemary conley, scottish slimmers, atkin's, calorie counting and the old ww points before but I've never felt so motivated to stick to a plan and so in control as I do with pp.

I found with sw that I lost quite a bit then fluctuated, didn't like the classes, the leader was mad as a hattes and not in a fun way. I joined a pp class but couldn't really afford it so once I'd learn't the plan from the classes I joined online instead which is about £11 a month but found I'd forget to track foods as could only get online at home, then I bought my smart phone found a fab app for £3 and cancelled my online ww subscription.

Now I can track as I eat, calculate things before I buy them and save my weekly wi's which show on I little line chart, nice to see the kind heading downwards lol.

The weight loss in my signature is since I started using my phone to track.

Good luck, it's nice to see you on the boards x

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using MiniMins

Thank you for the lovely welcome :) The phone apps do look pretty handy but I am going to classes provided I like the leader ;) My sw leader was lovely but when its not working for you it doesn't matter how lovely the leader is does it? Looking forward to sharing my journey with you all!

Yeah my SW consultant was absolutely lovely, but like you say if it stops working there is only so much they an advice or help with. Saying that I sent my consultant an email when I left SW explaining my reasoning behind it and I hoped she understood, she never replied at all!! But I got the regular Monday morning email to all her group with a poem about quitting! LOL!

i did SW last year and gave it up as it wasn't working for me. have now been doing WW for 6 weeks and lost a stone ! :)

love on WW where tinned (in juice, drained) and cooked fruit is 0pp where as they had to be syn'd on SW ! ..... which i always though was stupid as its still fruit !!

although you don't get much free / 0pp foods on ww i really find it does help with portion control and also you can easily have ready meals rather then having to cook everything fresh !
and on the "naughty" things you get more for your points
e.g on SW you get 15 syns a day and 20 kcal is 1 syn .... on WW you get 29 pp's a day and 40 kcal is 1pp ! .... so although you have to count everything if you are careful with what you have you can still have lots of goodies :D ..... and then you get an extra 49 a week for a meal out / takeaway or a few bottles of wine :D ... rather then having to save your syns up for it like on SW !

xxx

i did SW last year and gave it up as it wasn't working for me. have now been doing WW for 6 weeks and lost a stone ! :)

love on WW where tinned (in juice, drained) and cooked fruit is 0pp where as they had to be syn'd on SW ! ..... which i always though was stupid as its still fruit !!

although you don't get much free / 0pp foods on ww i really find it does help with portion control and also you can easily have ready meals rather then having to cook everything fresh !
and on the "naughty" things you get more for your points
e.g on SW you get 15 syns a day and 20 kcal is 1 syn .... on WW you get 29 pp's a day and 40 kcal is 1pp ! .... so although you have to count everything if you are careful with what you have you can still have lots of goodies :D ..... and then you get an extra 49 a week for a meal out / takeaway or a few bottles of wine :D ... rather then having to save your syns up for it like on SW !

xxx

Wow well you're definitely on the right track then! A stone in 6 weeks is phenomenal! Well done you!!! :) The more I read on here the more I can't wait to start xxx

Hmmmm I've been toying with switching to ww from sw so it's interesting to read others experiences.
Bought all the ww stuff of ebay last month and think I may give it a go starting on thursday as have wi tom.

When I first started sw I was beside myself to be told I could eat unlimited amounts of foods I love ie rice/pasta/pots but now further down the line I am bored eating same old things and I am really struggling with the restrictions of it. Also 15 syns a day make it impossible to have a macs lol am craving big mac but it's 25 syns and that's without fries.
I guess I'm just missing the flexibility of having what I want rather than what I can.

Hi Breeza.. No matter what ur on I would recommend having yer craving and get it out of the way.. the more ya deprive yerself of something you really really want the harder yer fall will be.. As in when u cave u'll do a hurricane of damage rather than the little bit ya might do by just having it.. Obviously that doesn't mean everyday have that chipper or chinese ya want but we all need and deserve a treat every now n then :D

Hey :) im new to ww but not the forums, but ive just bought a ww programme frm ebay, and im abit confused, as im a student I dnt fancy goin to ww meetings, and I cant afford it anyway!! But how do I work out how many pp im allowed??
My stats show my weight and height, ( I think, im on my phone lol ) and im 19 so what is my allowance?? Thought the soddin book wud tell me but it doesnt lol any help wud be great, thnks!!!

Im takin xenical as well, if anyone has been on the xen forums :) xx

Dubchick81 said:
Hi Breeza.. No matter what ur on I would recommend having yer craving and get it out of the way.. the more ya deprive yerself of something you really really want the harder yer fall will be.. As in when u cave u'll do a hurricane of damage rather than the little bit ya might do by just having it.. Obviously that doesn't mean everyday have that chipper or chinese ya want but we all need and deserve a treat every now n then :D

Oh don't get me wrong I haven't deprived myself completely but it just means I have to work doubly hard for the rest of week to counteract one treat and that's what gets me down. Whereas on ww it can be incorporated in yr daily points and no need to cut back for rest of week.
Have done fairly well on sw and had lost over 4 and 1/2 stone but since january have put on a stone by continually losing/putting on same old pounds. Just thinking I need a change :)

Hi Jude"123..
To work out yer points ya need a calculator.. a card wheel is what's given at the meetings but its impossible to work out!!
Another easy way without buying a calculator is the take the cals, and divide by 40. we have no 1/2points anymore everything is rounded up.. Be careful tho coz sometimes things don't double in points for 2 of something.. Example.. 1 slice of JMOB Sliced pan is 1pp. But 2 slices are 3pp..

Oh don't get me wrong I haven't deprived myself completely but it just means I have to work doubly hard for the rest of week to counteract one treat and that's what gets me down. Whereas on ww it can be incorporated in yr daily points and no need to cut back for rest of week.
Have done fairly well on sw and had lost over 4 and 1/2 stone but since january have put on a stone by continually losing/putting on same old pounds. Just thinking I need a change :)
Yea have heard that allot with SW.. its great to get things going but once you hit that plateau ya need to move on.. I suppose coz you can eat as many carbs n things as u like there's no restriction and no "reason" to hav a smaller portion..

Dubchick ive got a blue folder (if this makes any sense) and inside are four.green tracker books, start book, enjoy book, a wheel thing with carbs protein fat fibre on it, and sum your week mags, pocket guide and anothwr book ( £7 for the lot barrrgain I think?)

So do I just allow myself 29pp a day and optional 49pp a week?? Or is 29pp a day just an average?? Urghh!!

yea that wheel thing is yer calculator!! I knew there wasn't a hope of me being able to use it so bought a calculator the first night!! lol
Yer daily PP's are worked out depending on your weight.. The minimum daily allowance is 29 and i'm 12st13lb and i'm on that so yep.. that's what ya'll be on. the weekly allowance is 49 regardless of yer weight..

Lmao I know it does seem abit wierd that wheel!! Brilliant anyway thanks for ur help !!! Im gunna get startes asap!! Bit nervous as ive never followed a diet ive lost so far just frm watching wt im eating, but I need a boost!!!! xxx

just swapped from sw to ww today, for my sanity more than sw not working, im due too start placement and sw ment i could only go to class once in 6 weeks! Thats an open invitation to eat for me, with ww i can weigh in on a tues no matter what shift im on and i can also have all the things i wasnt allowed on sw :)

ive really enjoyed my day thanks, i started with ryvita and cottage cheese before weigh in (wasnt sure what i could have). Had soup and a packet of crisps for lunch, and just had chicken wrapped in bacon, sprouts, carrots and swede and some midweek mini roast potatoes. Ive i curly wurly in the fridge for later and still got points over. And im stuffed haha

Oh that's good ! I'm still undecided despite trawling thru loads of food diarys over past few weeks and seeing what lovely food people are eating.

Back