X Factor

Think tonight is going to be close... not sure who'll get the chop...

I think Eoghan was totally forgettable and Diana just seemed to shout through her performances tonight.

I think Alexandra and JLS were both fantastic

*sigh* OH was out so had to tape....trying to catch up!

yep, poor Eoghan was heartbroke - she did take it very well.

Why did I look at this thread!! WHYYYYYY

Em don't look at this thread!!!!!!!

I kind of forgot I was watching it on Sky+ (Damn sky+!!!!!)

I thought Diana's first song was good in that it was completely different to her usual.

Definitely want Alex to win though, she is amazing.

Okay - I am not ashamed to admit - Eoghan just made me cry.

A lot.

Yep it was really touching, poor lad was heartbroken.

apparantly him and diana went on a date to the cinema this week.... don't knwo how true that is.... but i did really feel for him today!!! :) x

I'm hormonal and basically bawled the whole way through the x factor tonight!!! And when Eoghan broke down well you guessed it ...... so did I :eek::eek::rolleyes::cry::cry::cry:

I was laughing at myself crying over it ha ha

Okay - Just been looking at the MSN blog about tonights result - and a lot of the Alex comments are annoying me! People saying she is another Leona Lewis and that Diana is unique. So...just because I had a bit of a rant.. :D

"
Okay - seems Simon's "Diana is like Marmite" comment really is right!

I think people saying Alex is 'just another Leona' need to think back to how many times Leona has brought out an up-tempo dancing song. Leona is a Mariah-like which we didn't have. Alex is a Beyonce-like (all sing and all dance!) which we STILL don't have. She can sing the amazing Whitney/Maria type songs as well as Leona but can also throw in some great performances (Candy Man, Toxic, Don't Stop The Music..)

Yes, she is similar to Leona, but she is not "just another one". IMO Alexandra is as talented with more variety!

I felt sorry for Diana tonight - as I think this was her strongest week since being ill. I just don't feel her uniqieness was enough. Her voice was unique, but it wasn't what everyone wants to listen to. I liked her, but I wouldn't want to listen to an album worth as I know it would start to grate. I also, personally, wouldn't want to see her in concert - as I would be too fond of seeing someone sit on a white stool/bench/swing/moped for a couple of hours. Diana is "new", she is liked, she will have success after this and those people that like her will get to see her again!"

so sad tonight - made me cry :( Think alex will win but the others are good too. JLS are good enough to make a career out of this x

Hey, I didn;t know there was an X-Factor thread!!! I really must venture out of LL more often!!!

Good performances all around last night - but gotta say I am gutted that JLS are still in. No offense to those who like them - I personally just cannot stand "Boy Bands"....i hate the fluffyness of it all.

Poor little O. Bless him.

I really lost interest in a favourite when Laura, Rachel and Ruth left. They were the strongest female vocals I felt.

Alex - yeah, technically she is brilliant - and while I appreciate the UK may not have a Beyone, Mariah, etc., of their own - do they really need one??? Alex is very talented - but she is a dime a dozen - nothing original at all.

JLS - as said - could do without the boy bands that already exist, so I certainly am not an advocate for yet another schmaltzy drippy harmonising batch of pretty boys. :D

So - guess I will be hanging my hopes on Oeghan. (lol- how do you spell his name?) He's cute - current - and very likeable and cheeky.

(antoher reason not to want JLS to win is I cannot bear thinking how obnoxious and arrogant Louie will be next year if he wins. Evil dwarf. :giggle:)

Yay - now Diana is out I don't need to watch anymore. Looking forward to her bringing out an album. She is brilliant!
Didn't rate her fist song much but White Flag was brilliant.
As for JLS, what did they do to Umbrella? Has anyone ever heard the Manic's version of it? Now there's a cover version that works!

Back