x-post Week one - no weight loss!

RoundVeggie

I've just weighed in after my first week doing lcd/ vlcd using dietimeal products. I've stuck to the diet rigidly using 3 packs a day (those marked mrp) and a slimfast shake made with water for breakfast.

I know it's not completely nutritionally balanced but it was meant to be short term as a kick start before calorie counting.

Anyone else lost nothing in their first week? Is it worth carrying on with this? I was so fed up this morning I had a little cry lol.

Hia Roundveggie,

I have just seen your post and am sorry you haven't had a reply yet. I am concerned that you are doing a VLCD by yourself with no guidence or monitoring. Please reconsider this. VLCDs should only be attempted with support and advice from the relevant programme counsellors, or from your GP.

Please go to see your GP and ask to see a dietician for advice and support, particularly if you are a vegetarian (I am just assuming this because of your avatar name).

Good luck :).
AJ

Hi AJ, thanks for replying. I only intended to do a vlcd for a couple of weeks as a 'kick start' but that obviously didn't work! I changed my diet to 2 meal replacements, an evening calorie counted meal and snacks, amounting to around 1200 cals a day. In the three weeks since I started I have lost 1/2 stone. Slow going - and I'm obviously a late starter but I'm happy it's moving. Thanks again for replying x

Phew, glad to hear that you've reconsidered. Half a stone in three weeks ? not to be sniffed at:D. Keep going, and keep posting!

AJ

I think you should be really REALLY proud of yourself for persevering and then losing so much. I am not sure whether I would have just give up if I lost nothing in the first week - but you kept going and are a shining example to everyone. If (and when) I hit a plateau I am going to remember you and not let myself give up. Take care xxx.

Back