x_ali_x

x_ali_x

Silver Member
Really really really struggling atm my weight is going up rather than down! I suffer from a mental health problem and I'm up and down more often than a whores knickers. I'm an emotional eater at the best of times. We've had a few problems with the family dog which has been stressful but the news is looking good for now with her so thats one thing less to worry about. I think I need to talk things through before I put the food in my mouth when I'm feeling the urge to binge. I've promised myself a pair of boots I've been eyeing up when I loose a stone and mums promised me a trip to Australia when I hit target so I have real incentives, I need to try and focus. I'm going to take things a step at a time. I had lost over 1.5 stone but now I'm down to 12lb lost now. I'm trying to think I'm still 12lb lighter rather than the other way round.

*fingers crossed* for tomorrow.

Can't sleep so have made some chilli using the recipe on the SW website. I'm not entirely sure what a "pinch" is so might have over done one of the spices LOL I have fat fingers so a pinch to me could be entirely different to what they meant LOL the spices smell lovely already its going to smell amazing when it starts heating up in the slow cooker, Nom!

Well my chilli is nice! Warmed me up but not as spicy as I expected, next time will double the spices and see :) feeling quite positive atm.

At parents for weekend might be a little tough to keep on track so may be back and forth here a lot. Out Sunday and have booked a jacket potato with beans and no butter. Need to avoid the cakes!

Had the rest of my chilli tonight shared it with mum she liked it :D she agreed with me that it was on the mild side so next time I'd gunna buy really hot chillis and ramp up the spices :D the kidney beans aren't my most favourite 'veg' but they were ok. I think they are superfree so thats all good. Had raspberry 'icecream' for afters which was lush! I could live on it if fruit wasn't synned when blitzed up.

Hi ali, I just want to give you a great big hug :bighug:
We all have our tough times and diets makes things even tougher (or so it seems) You sound like u have used food as a comfort for all the things going on in your life, just like I have. It works well doesn't it...until the weight piles on lol.

I have tried every diet under the sun and failed at them all, because I use food as an emotional crutch. Slimming world is alot easier I find though because I can still comfort eat..but on free foods instead. I find eating 'extra' food left over from my free meals in the evening really helps me...plus I dont have the guilt because I know the food Im eating is allowed. Saying that though, yesterday I had a fudge bar and a snacksize cadburys dairy milk lol but is was within my 15 syns lol

I think that during the times you are REALLY struggling you should just be as good as you can, try and make healthier choices, based on syn values etc..Even staying the same at weigh in is an achievment if you are having a 'bad' week. You dont want to end up undoing all you good work do you. In the end, it will come off though if you stick with the plan long term. Thats what I have to remind myself, even if I dont do so well some weeks, its the long term I should think about.
Life can be tough sometimes but with the help and support of friends and ppl that understand we can all achieve our goals.

I will keep an eye out for your posts in future and keep giving you a boost when I can :)
Hope you have a good weekend xx

Hi! Congrats on your loss so far, Don't beat yourself up about the gains :) You can do this, and you will.

Had the rest of my chilli tonight shared it with mum she liked it :D she agreed with me that it was on the mild side so next time I'd gunna buy really hot chillis and ramp up the spices :D the kidney beans aren't my most favourite 'veg' but they were ok. I think they are superfree so thats all good. Had raspberry 'icecream' for afters which was lush! I could live on it if fruit wasn't synned when blitzed up.

Just to let you know to help in future, Kidney Beans are free on Green and EE but they aren't superfree. I always make my chilli without them anyway because I can't stand them haha!

What plan are you following? EE?

Back