Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

xenical and periods

Discussion in 'Orlistat (Xenical)' started by yorkshiremummy, 30 August 2009 Social URL.

1. yorkshiremummy

yorkshiremummy Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8lb
    Lost(%):
    3st6lb(21.43%)
    Diet:
    Orlistat, GP advised
    I finished my last period about a week ago and today noticed what seemed to be the start of another. I have searched the internet and xenical is listed to cause menstrual problems but can't find exactly what and what if anything to do.
    Any one else noticed a change in their cycles ?
    I have been on xenical for 3 weeks.
    Cheers
    Cath xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Redkoala

Redkoala Go on smile! =)

Start Weight:
    19st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st2lb(26.37%)
    Diet:
    Xencial, Gym & Healthy Eating!
    I'm a man so i dont have a clue, but yay go yorkshire! And welcome to the forums. I'm sure someone will help you soon.

4. flabbybumbum

flabbybumbum On a mission

Start Weight:
    24st5lb
    Current Weight:
    19st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st7lb
    Lost(%):
    5st0lb(20.53%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World & Xenical
    Xenical messed up my cycle but i was late rather than early so im afraid that prob doesnt help you much either. Its just listed as can cause disruption to menstrual cycle. Hope you get some anawers.

5. ninajw83

ninajw83 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    22st9lb
    Current Weight:
    15st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    6st13lb(30.6%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge diet 1200plan RESTART MAY 13
    You can sometimes get a breakthrough bleed on the Xenical and they can change your cycles. Mine were usually 32-34 but the last one was bang on 28 and looks like this one is going to be the same grr but at least im gettin thinner :)

6. Soon to be yummy mummy

Soon to be yummy mummy Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st6lb
    Current Weight:
    18st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(6.25%)
    Diet:
    Restarting Cambridge SS after gaining all my weight back :-( I WILL do it this time!
    Hey hunni,

There is another thread about this on the xenical forum too. I've had problems with my cycle since starting xenical also. I've been on it for just over 4 weeks now, and at first my period was late by about a week but I felt ready to CO for about a week before that - all bloated and tender. And now today I've got up and I'm its totm again! But only been 2 1/2 weeks since last time!! And it's my first monthly WI day today! Gutted!

So I think it does reak havoc with the menstrual cycle! But at least we'll be (hopefully!) getting thinner! I for one are switching to weekly WI's!

xxxx

7. yorkshiremummy

yorkshiremummy Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8lb
    Lost(%):
    3st6lb(21.43%)
    Diet:
    Orlistat, GP advised
    Found the previous thread about this. Everyone seemed to be later rather than early. If the plus is they are lighter and less painful I'm all for that. Had some really bad ones in the past which resulted in time off work.
    Thanks to all who replied.
    1st weigh in Monday 7th.

8. Tiitanium

Tiitanium Gold Member

Start Weight:
    23st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    12st11lb(54.91%)
    Diet:
    Low Fat/Exercise
    yeah i stated this in another thread ive been one week late maybe two weeks some months.. but it still comes so i dont fuss to much... i guess like many have said its part of the side effects of the tablets

=[

x

9. Choccieaddict

Choccieaddict Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st1lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.79%)
    Diet:
    Xenical and WW
    I was wondering about Xenical and periods. I'm usually every 27 to 32 days, but I'm now up to day 40. Got all the symptoms to suggest it's due, but nothing yet!

10. slimmerkay

slimmerkay Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st9lb
    Current Weight:
    17st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(0.81%)
    Diet:
    Low Cal/Awaiting WLS
    Oh mine have been all over the place :sigh:

A longer than normal, then a short, then a normal, then much shorter. I'm fed up of it to be honest :mad:

11. SPARKLYFIONA

SPARKLYFIONA Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(4.03%)
    Diet:
    juddd
    i dont normaly get periods coz i have the implant but taking the tabs broke my 9 month run of missing:( just hoping its not going to be a regular thing?? mind losing or gaining weight can effect periods too so i guess we are all in for an unsetteling time:(

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.