Xenical info for New Starters!!..

ive got no will power!! i was told these pill would work if i had any fat over the amount allowed i would be sorry n not do it again

Sharon i'm afraid with these pills you have to change how you are.....

We have all had to come to terms that we got ourself in this situation and we have had to go on low calorie/low fat diets....
This pill is not mean't to be taken with no effort from yourself....only you can control what you eat and you have to find willpower to make this work...
this is about changing all the foods that got you here in the 1st place and combined with exercise you can do it :)

Hi Ive just started xenical today. have been really down about my weight . docs have gave me these to try. really hope i can stick to it

its the constant cycle of trying to lose weight, losing a bit, putting it back on, feeling down about not losing so i comfort eat

Welcome nadine...you have come to the right place...This forum is very supportive so feel free to ask anything :)

Don't look at this as a diet but as a lifestyle change..with Xenical you will learn to keep your fat intake to 45g and under...read packets where it says per 100g look down to the fat content and don't go above 5g..
Make sure you know the amount of calories you should be eating....a lot of us use my fitness pal to log food diaries and exercise its a great site also !!
You need to make sure you drink plenty of water also as this aids weightloss
I have posted some recipes on the site...go to all diets and then Xenical you will find them over a few pages!!
I recommend you buy the Alli Diet Plan book its full of good info and great recipes that are easy to follow !!
You don't need to feel as though your missing out on foods as there is so much you can eat....

Goodluck :) xx

Nadine i know how you feel, i have been in that situation for too long, not anymore though!! These tablets have been the help that i have needed!! This place like booboo said is the place to be for moral support and advice, if you need to know anything someone here always has the answer!! I never think of it as a diet either, more of a lifestyle change. Good luck :D

Not been on in a week or so, thought I'd pop by to say hi! Been super busy with assignments :-( and resulted in missing meals and forgetting tablets! Back on track though and re-keeping the food diary!!

Ps I've been having peanut butter spread b thinly on bread I know its over 5g per 100g but when askin my dietician he didn't mention 5/100 just that it was 45g per day!! (and I love PB&J sandwiches after the gym!)

Charlotteg1988 said:
Ps I've been having peanut butter spread b thinly on bread I know its over 5g per 100g but when askin my dietician he didn't mention 5/100 just that it was 45g per day!! (and I love PB&J sandwiches after the gym!)

hey charlotte iv just finished reading the alli diet plan book that also doesnt mention 5g per 100g rule it states portion with fat and calories so am tad confused too

The allí diet plan book won't say it Anika...Alli is 60mg Xenical is 120mg .....
this is what Xenical say:
Always Read the Label

There are certain types of food that tend to be high in fat, so it is a good idea to minimise the amounts of these ‘problem foods’ in your diet. They include: cheese, full-fat milk, pastries cakes, take-away food, fast food; and fatty red meat. You should replace these foods with low-fat alternatives like: fruit, vegetables, fish, lean meat, and cereals.

In addition to this, you should read the label on foods to find out how much fat they contain. Make sure you look at the fat content per 100g, this will make it easier to compare foods that come in different sizes and weights.

Try to select foods that contain less than 5g of fat per 100g.

In addition to watching the fat, you should aim to reduce the sugar and salt content in your diet as well as increase your fibre intake. You will find all this information on the label, or by looking online.

Hope you are both ok girlies .......:)

Peanut butter is reeeeally bad then right?! Whoops lol! Maybe i should chuck the jar out :-(

I'm a big fan of peanut butter and jam sandwiches (i go through phases of addictions lol- it always is a minisucle scraping though!)

How is everyone?

As long as it's a swish of the knife lol and not half a jar haha.....I love peanut butter.....xx

Hello I am a new starter. Am on my 2nd months prescription. Sadly at my first weigh in I had stayed the same, am a little sad. All the stuff in the house is fat free/low fat. I wonder if the xenical are not working because I am eating such low amounts of fat?

welcome aboard skinnyminnie, make sure your eating the correct amount of calories, maybe your not eating enough??!! Can post an example of what your eating? some of the weight losses can take a while to show up, while some lose straight away, so dont give up just yet!! Also do you have much to lose? as this can make losing weight that bit harder!! If you need to know anything i am sure some of the girls (or lads) on here will be able to help you :D

Welcome skinnyminnie stay strong ,
Try not to think about your weightloss it's proven that stressing out can stop you losing weight....
As Rach has said are you eating the right amount of calories....are you exercising ?
How much have you got to lose, we are all in this together so no need to blush :)
:)

Hi all, another newbie here
Good to find some advice ...starting tomorrow..got my prescription, off to the shop to stock up on low fat food, taken all my measurements, deep breath, here we go :)

vardymardy said:
Hi all, another newbie here
Good to find some advice ...starting tomorrow..got my prescription, off to the shop to stock up on low fat food, taken all my measurements, deep breath, here we go :)

hey vardy dont worry hon ul do great

Back