xenical/weight watchers

hi all,
just a bit confused, this is the second time on xenical and well weight watchers i've loss count. I was taking reductil but as you may know they have now been taken off the market.
i have seen people on here lossing a stone a month is that right or have i miss read????? as im not doing so well on them im trying to follow ww as well but not getting far fast. the doc say im doing it right as im not haing any side effect but im not seeing any differance and now lossing the will to carry on also im now starting to forget to take the tables.
can anyone tell me if im doing this wrong.:confused:

Hi Braintrigger and welcome here. If you aren't getting side effects then yes, you are doing it right. A stone a month is unrealistic, more like half a stone. How much weight have you to lose and how much have you lost so far? Have a good read here in the forum and you'll get loads of ideas of things to eat. As long as you stick to the rules, that is no food that contains more than 5g total fat per 100g, and then eat no more than 15g of fat per meal then all will be well. We are a friendly bunch here so post your questions, start a diary thread and join the club! Good luck,

KB x

When I did Xenical & WW my doctor took me off the tablets as my WW diet was naturally low fat and there was nothing for Xenical to work with. As Kitty said, 1 stone a month is unrealistic on something like WW, Xenical wont necessarily give you any bigger losses than the diet on its own. Half a stone a month is about the average on WW :)

Thanks for coming back to me, so what u are saying is not do ww with the tables, i know i probably sound really thick but just sooooooooooooo despate to lose the weight now as i have a holiday booked and dont want to look like a beach wale lol
i have about 12 stone to lose in total and i know this is not all going to be gone by my holiday but at less half might be gone.
my doc say eat low fat so thought doing ww was the best way, what kind of food should i be eatting then, i say im doing ww but at the moment i have about 32 point a day so i eat full fat yougurts and crips nothing is deit at the monment as i have enough point to eat this kind of food, i found eatting ww yogurts,crips etc i was not using all my points and then that will not help me lose weight.
sorry im new to this site and dont really know my way round it yet
thanks for the replys :)

:confused:
Thanks for coming back to me, so what u are saying is not do ww with the tables, i know i probably sound really thick but just sooooooooooooo despate to lose the weight now as i have a holiday booked and dont want to look like a beach wale lol
i have about 12 stone to lose in total and i know this is not all going to be gone by my holiday but at less half might be gone.
my doc say eat low fat so thought doing ww was the best way, what kind of food should i be eatting then, i say im doing ww but at the moment i have about 32 point a day so i eat full fat yougurts and crips nothing is deit at the monment as i have enough point to eat this kind of food, i found eatting ww yogurts,crips etc i was not using all my points and then that will not help me lose weight.
sorry im new to this site and dont really know my way round it yet
thanks for the replys :)

No, WW is ideal to do with Xenical. Youre supposed to be eating low fat. Dont fall into the trap that Xenical is a wonder drug... my doctor made me think it was going to be an easy way to really increase my weight loss - its not!

Youre not supposed to try and get the side effects :) I found Xenical worked best as almost a tool to assist my diet... it helped keep me on the straight and narrow if I was tempted to eat too much.

How much weight are you losing just now?

:break_diet:
No, WW is ideal to do with Xenical. Youre supposed to be eating low fat. Dont fall into the trap that Xenical is a wonder drug... my doctor made me think it was going to be an easy way to really increase my weight loss - its not!

Youre not supposed to try and get the side effects :) I found Xenical worked best as almost a tool to assist my diet... it helped keep me on the straight and narrow if I was tempted to eat too much.

How much weight are you losing just now?

i have had a bad two weeks and just loss everything so i have not been think about my diet or taking tables, but back on them now but when i was doing it properly i was losing about 1-2 pounds a week:break_diet:

1 - 2lbs a week is spot on that's exactly what you should expect to lose on WW :)
sorry to keep going on but as i said before I'm just soooooooo wanting to get this weight off.
i know I'm not meant to get side effects but i just feel like nothing is happening.
I'm now taking the tables again and pointing so u think I'm doing right and should see the weight come off again, also someone said on here that she was losing loads of weight at the start then it slowed down and she said she never really changed her eating habits do u think she was getting the side effect :)
also do u think i will being losing the weight though ww and not the tables,shall i stop taking them as ur doc took them off u when u done both together, i think what im asking if im doing ww are the tables doing anything?????

Braintrigger, can I suggest you get right back to basics on this? It's not strictly true (sorry Starlight) that if you are on a low fat diet the tablets will do nothing for you. However little fat you eat, Xenical will remove 1/3 of it. If that is a large amount, then you get the side effects, if it's a small amount then it is still doing its job, you just aren't aware of it.
Try having a look at MyFitnessPal.com from here you can work out how many calories you should be having in a day for your height/weight/sex. Then have a look at your diet, eating crisps and high fat food just to make up your WW points is defeating the purpose and will give you side effects if you are on Xenical. Have a look at healthy meals and snacks as really this journey we are on should be about re-educating ourselves about our diet FOR LIFE, not just for the next few months.
Read your WW books that they give you at meetings for ideas on healthy foods, if you are struggling to make up your points, tell your leader this and ask for help. Good luck,

KB x

It's not strictly true (sorry Starlight) that if you are on a low fat diet the tablets will do nothing for you.

Sorry Kitty I wasnt saying that :) MY experience was that they didnt work any better than WW on its own because I was having so little fat :) My losses didnt change at all when I stopped but as I said that was my experience :)

I know Xenical do work and work well, I just think perhaps braintrigger has been 'sold' them the way I was with my doctor as a miracle drug and is expecting much too much from them :)

right can u give a rough idea what u would eat in a day for me it could be
b= cornflakes with skimmed milk cup of tea
s= 2x teacakes with little marge on
l= sandwich (brown) friut,full fat yogurt,crips, or soup & 2x b bread or egg on toast
d= meat, veg, gravy, yogurt,or lowfat ice cream
i have tried cutting out pots in the evening as i think i might be having to many carbs, if i want mash or boiled pots i have swade.
i just feel if im eatting like this then what do i need the tables for but i do understand what u said the less fat im putting in my body the less fat my body gets is that right ??????

My meals go something like this;

B-Bran Flakes (weighed out for portion control) with some dried fruit and skimmed milk. Glass of juice perhaps. Coffee with skimmed milk. Xenical.

S-Chopped apple and/or banana with low fat yogurt.

L-Sanwich with ham, low fat cheese, tomato, cucumber, low fat mayo and pickles. No spread, I use the LF mayo on one slice and an Extra Light Laughing Cow triangle on the other. Wholemeal bread. Xenical. Sometimes followed by an Alpen Light cereal bar or a packet of very low fat crisps.

S-Cereal bar or fruit/yogurt.

D WW ready meal bulked out with veg OR stir fry using Frylite OR pork steaks with veg OR chicken and salad. Xenical. Followed by mini milk ice cream or yogurt.

As I said, have a look at myfitnesspal as it will also tell you there whether you are having too many carbs/ protein etc. I find taking the Xenical, even though I am eating a low fat diet, keeps me on the straight and narrow as I am too afraid of the side effects if I eat too much fat!
I also exercise as much as I can, this will really speed up weight loss.
Hope that helps.
Thanks for the PM, Starlight, I appreciate it.

KB x

Hello, and welcome :)
I just wanted to echo the advice you've been given above really.
WW sounds like an ideal plan to follow while using Xenical, because it's generally low fat anyway.
You may never really know how much of your weight loss is down to Xenical, and how much is purely due to following WW, but I'd advise you to carry on doing both, and see how you go.
Xenical is really just a helping hand. As KB says, it only removes a third of the fat in the meals you eat while taking it. Obviously, this means the other two thirds still get absorbed and used by your body in the normal way.
The side effects only occur when the proportion of fat in your diet is too high, so you must stick to the 5g fat per 100g of food rule.
Xenical is also good at helping you with your willpower - I find that I'm much less tempted to snack on fatty foods, or risk a takeaway if I've taken my tablet, as the tango experience isn't exactly pleasant :eek:

The only other advice I'd give is to maybe swap some of your full fat snacks for low fat alternatives. If you were doing WW on its own without Xenical, I don't suppose it would matter too much how you made up your daily points (other than KB's comment re lifestyle changes), but now you're taking Xenical, you'll have to be much more aware of this.
I know you say that you're struggling to make your points up, but maybe you could have meals that are slightly higher in points, or add another substantial snack into your day. I wouldn't worry too much about the carbs either - I don't tend to get too hung up on the 'carbs are evil' thing. If you fancy some potatoes, and you've got the points there, then have them. Everything in moderation as they say!

As far as my diet is concerned, these are some typical meals for me:
Breakfast - always Oats so Simple porridge (this is over the fat allowance but I get away with it, and I like the fact that it's measured for me!)
Lunch - usually soup with bread, but sometimes beans on toast, a low-fat ready meal, jacket spud with beans / tuna.
Dinner - WW ready meal with extra veg, stir fry, home made chilli/risotto/bolognese, vegetable grills with jacket potato, chop/turkey burger with lots of veg & gravy.
Snacks - fruit, Alpen Light bars, SnackaJacks, sugar free jelly, Mini Milk lollies, WW ice cream deserts, snack sized boxes of raisins, malt loaf.

Good luck with your weight loss journey...I really hope you acheive your goals xx

I've never lost a stone a month. Half a stone maybe. I'm the slow n steady type :)

Hello, and welcome :)
I just wanted to echo the advice you've been given above really.
WW sounds like an ideal plan to follow while using Xenical, because it's generally low fat anyway.
You may never really know how much of your weight loss is down to Xenical, and how much is purely due to following WW, but I'd advise you to carry on doing both, and see how you go.
Xenical is really just a helping hand. As KB says, it only removes a third of the fat in the meals you eat while taking it. Obviously, this means the other two thirds still get absorbed and used by your body in the normal way.
The side effects only occur when the proportion of fat in your diet is too high, so you must stick to the 5g fat per 100g of food rule.
Xenical is also good at helping you with your willpower - I find that I'm much less tempted to snack on fatty foods, or risk a takeaway if I've taken my tablet, as the tango experience isn't exactly pleasant :eek:

The only other advice I'd give is to maybe swap some of your full fat snacks for low fat alternatives. If you were doing WW on its own without Xenical, I don't suppose it would matter too much how you made up your daily points (other than KB's comment re lifestyle changes), but now you're taking Xenical, you'll have to be much more aware of this.
I know you say that you're struggling to make your points up, but maybe you could have meals that are slightly higher in points, or add another substantial snack into your day. I wouldn't worry too much about the carbs either - I don't tend to get too hung up on the 'carbs are evil' thing. If you fancy some potatoes, and you've got the points there, then have them. Everything in moderation as they say!

As far as my diet is concerned, these are some typical meals for me:
Breakfast - always Oats so Simple porridge (this is over the fat allowance but I get away with it, and I like the fact that it's measured for me!)
Lunch - usually soup with bread, but sometimes beans on toast, a low-fat ready meal, jacket spud with beans / tuna.
Dinner - WW ready meal with extra veg, stir fry, home made chilli/risotto/bolognese, vegetable grills with jacket potato, chop/turkey burger with lots of veg & gravy.
Snacks - fruit, Alpen Light bars, SnackaJacks, sugar free jelly, Mini Milk lollies, WW ice cream deserts, snack sized boxes of raisins, malt loaf.

Good luck with your weight loss journey...I really hope you acheive your goals xx
thanks for that and i will keep u all posted my weigh in is tuesday so fingers cross :p

Back