Xenical??

Xx2009ash

Has anyone tried it on WW?? Im thinking about taking it for a bit to keep me on the straight and narrow.

Are the side effects really THAT bad?

x

I did Xenical many years ago and yes the side effects were horrid if you ate something you shouldn't. It was not that successful for me for actual weight loss. I guess it was just too easy to not take the tablets and be able to eat anything you liked.

you have already lost so much, i would just keep doing what you are now! Xenical is a strange one and doesn't always agree with everyone can do more harm than good in some cases!

Hi, I tried xenical this time last year. But my gp wouldn't prescribe it, I had to get it via the Boots diet programme and it cost about £60 for a months supply. But, I was dissapointed to be honest. Even though I was eating low fat food, I had side effects. The worst one being wind (sorry tmi :eek: ) and my stomach felt really bloated. I only lost a few pounds, nothing staggering, so I didn't bother getting anymore.
Well done on the weight you've lost so far, you've done fantastic!

I tried Xenical a couple of years ago and it didnt work at all for me. My doctor said because WW is naturally low fat theres not enough excess fat for it to work with.

When youre doing so well without it, I dont think Id bother

i have tried alli (half strength xenical/orlistat) had some side effects when i ate high fat food but if you're on ww then your diet is already low fat ( or atleast thats the theory) and thus xenical wont have much, if any effect, but if you want to try it go for it i say but i would waste money on buying alli again because it wont work as the fat intake per day for me is like 10g lol

Agree with the posts above me - WW is naturally low fat, so it's doing the work that the Xenical is doing!

Also, if you try to eat fat, the Xenical can give you the runs!

just out of interest i calculated my average fat intake each day and my average fat intake on ww per day is 8g and sat fat 1.5g, im not sure you can get much lower than that considering xenical recommend no more than 15g fat per meal! and im having 8g per day! thats what ww does, makes sure you eat low fat ( if you make the right choices that is)

Thamx for all the replies...think i'm going to give it a miss...just stuck on a plateau atm.

My mothers getting it prescribed next week so i was going to give it a go just to get it moving, but i went for a shop yesterday and was really good so hoping this helps...plus im off the booze!

x

i have had xenical before and yes the side effects of eating high fat is really not good lol. but i think the main benefit for me from it was that i wouldnt dare go near high fat food because of the threat of side effects, so it kept me on the low fat foods and i knew even if i fancied something like a pizza and a binge fat blowout i couldnt do it and that stopped me, and then the craving would be gone without me having ruined my diet lol

I tried it even on low carb (high fat) and i didn't get any of the side effects at all, i was really suprised as my diet was mostly eggs cheese and red meat, all really high in fat. Lost loads of weight but that wasn't down to the tablets.

Back