xenical

missprim

Hi, I've been a member for a while but haven't really posted before.
I am seriously overweight and have tried every diet under the sun including LL and CD which sad to say haven't worked for me :(
In desperation I went to the Dr last week and she prescribed Xenical. Just wondered if anyone on here has tried it and if so what effect it has had - I'm not sure it's working for me as I've been on it 3 days now and apart from not losing any weight I also haven't experienced any of the 'horrible' side effects that I've read about.
If it has worked for people how long was it before you started to lose any weight and was it a quick process or slow?
I've got an underactiv thyroid so don't know if that makes a difference

Hi there

I tried Xenical for a while and it didnt work at all. Im honestly not sure that it works on its own, I personally havent heard of anyone having a great weight loss using it

Oh dear - I will keep trying it for a while - I'm due to see the Dr again in a couple of weeks.

Well done on the weight loss - I've probably got a similar amount to lose and at the moment I can't see it ever happening :(

My friend was given these but she said it worked more through the fear of what happened if she ate the wrong thing than as some kind of miracle cure. It didn't do much for her and she gave up on them. I was at the end of my rope, convinced nothing would work for me before I joined SW. Joining was the best decision I ever made. Good luck with it x

I was given Xenical about 4 years ago from my Doctor. I thought it was a miracul cure. Ha how wrong was I!
Bascially I took it for about 5 weeks, followed the guidelines correctly and ate a very very low fat diet. I only lost a couple of pounds in 5 weeks and it was pure hell.

The side effects on the box only skim over the surface of what they are really like. It really dont matter how low fat your diet is your still going to have oily orange stools and youll need a bottle of fairy liquid beside the loo, you cant go to far from the loo cause you really get no warning and yes, there is the possibility
of an accident:eek:. I called it the "Sh!t yourself thin diet". I was married at the time I was taking Xenical, was a kept woman so didnt work so it was ok for me to sprint to the loo but now Im working full time it would be soooo embarrassing.
In my opinion they are a waste of time, same as another med called Redutil. Its a handy way for the Doctor to get rid of you as they dont know what to recommend. Looking back if I had of known about Slimming World Id be a size 10 by now. My advice would be to join a slimming class, WW, SW ,RC, who teach sensible eatting and its something that you can continue forever. Im not knocking the other diets out there but they would never work for me.

God that was a bit of a rant! Hope this helps xxx

Hiya. I have been prescribed Xenical about 3 times since I was 16. Last time I was on it Jan '07 I lost about a stone on it in 3 months. That's the most success I ever had on it and I can't even remember what I done food-wise. :giggle: I stopped cos when I had the occasional fattening item I had to run to the lav. The final straw was when I was out shopping and had to sprint to the main complex for toilet!

They can take up to a month to work and you can actually be constipated at first. They act as a deterrent against fatty foods and I suppose I couldn't stay away long enough. Even when I eat healthy I still like my oily fish, salmon, mackeral, sardines etc.

I considered them once but I don't want to have to worry about those kind of side effects. It seems quite extreme

Yip Taz they are yuk and I didnt lose any more than I would just heathly eatting

missprim said:
Hi, I've been a member for a while but haven't really posted before.
I am seriously overweight and have tried every diet under the sun including LL and CD which sad to say haven't worked for me :(
In desperation I went to the Dr last week and she prescribed Xenical. Just wondered if anyone on here has tried it and if so what effect it has had - I'm not sure it's working for me as I've been on it 3 days now and apart from not losing any weight I also haven't experienced any of the 'horrible' side effects that I've read about.
If it has worked for people how long was it before you started to lose any weight and was it a quick process or slow?
I've got an underactiv thyroid so don't know if that makes a difference

hi the best place for you to get support and get help with your questions is the xenical forums some people have had great results

I tried Xenical (for just few days) and I got all these side effects - loose stool etc. With Xenical you have to be on a regulated diet and be very carefull with food intake...so if i have to be on a diet to eat Xenical, then I actually do not need it at all.

u basically need to follow a rule. u need to have 5g of fat per 100g and 15g max per meal. i personally know someone whos taken xenical. she started off as a size 22-24 when i saw her sox months later she was a size 10... so long as u follow the rules i believe u shudnt get the nasty effects. the xenical assist u with your weight loss they also put you on track towards a healthier life. if you need further help please dont hesitate to ask in the xenical forums people r having great results so please dont let one bad experience get in the way of achieving the body u desire :)

Back