Xmas wont stop us!

Nina41

I thought we could write here ideas not to get Xmas ruin our diet! Anyone?

100% Cocoa Chocolate from Hotel Chocolat. No added sugar or milk. Just cocoa in a chocolate bar! Amazing stuff! No need for roses/quality street with a smidgen of this! Ok, so its not the fat reduced coca that Dr. D prescribes, but its jolly nice as a treat!!

I'm having a day off on christmas day only, then a sort of cruise thingy for the rest of the holidays as am staying with relatives and it would be rude to refuse to eat what they have cooked for me.

12 days to go!! : )

im treating it as any other dukan day .... im not about to start on a slippery slope back to where i was . Im making a dukan trifle with sf jelly over a cubed up muffin & topped with sweetened quark, Ill maybe have a glass of wine and soda with dinner but thats as far as ill go. all my family know im dieting so wont get me choccis

Easy enough if you're in charge of the cooking. Maybe a few tolerated required though! This is what I'd have (but I'm not cooking although it will probably mainly be seafood and either beef or chicken/turkey - which is Dukan-friendly and lots of cheese, which isn't!)

Smoked salmon with lemon juice/pepper
Prawns with fromage blanc/passata/paprika dressing
Meat (chicken or beef) and veg
Home-made boursin-style cheese (recipe in recipe sticky)
goji muffins (with lots of mixed spice to make it as festive as possible) served with fromage blanc (or rhubarb/custard and/or jelly to make a trifle as Ellie is doing:))

Good luck!

I love your muffin idea, Laura! My main problem will be the dessert. I'm thinking there won't be any.... I might swapt sweets for cheese because I don't care as much.

I'm doing trifle exactly like Ellie! And no alcohol at all but looking forward to some coke as hardly ever have any, usually have fizzy water. Also doing BNS croquettes which should be tasty/interesting and maybe I ought to test out this week first!:D

Xmas is not gonna stop me either ....I'm on it all guns blazing xxx

PLEASE PLEASE! Recipe for the bns croquetes!

I am hoping for a Dukan friendly Christmas, nothing I could eat would be worth the weight gain and going off track. Worked so very hard to get here Christmas is gonna be enjoyed but for the right reasons and none of them involving food!!!

trudyc said:
I am hoping for a Dukan friendly Christmas, nothing I could eat would be worth the weight gain and going off track. Worked so very hard to get here Christmas is gonna be enjoyed but for the right reasons and none of them involving food!!!

Now that's what I call a great post and so true ...thank you for that it really made me realise what's important xx

Right - BNS Croquettes (enough for one large one):
1/2 BNS, roasted with a sprinkling of cinnamon
2tsp of either fine oatbran or oatbran ground to flour in a coffee grinder
Black pepper

Scoop the roasted BNS out of the skin and form into a patty shape (or two smaller ones). It's squishy! Put in fridge for at least 20min. Pat with kitchen towel. Season the oatbran with the black pepper and put patty in, covering both sides and edges. Fry on both sides until oatbran is brown. Delicious. More oatbran would make it even nicer but this is good.

that sounds good ... could split your oatbran allowance between the croquet & the muffin for the trifle :D

Christmas Day is only 1 day in the year and Ive worked so hard since July so for me nothing is going to stop me losing the last few pounds - a student bought me some ferrero rocher today (a fav) but I knew if they came home with me I would be very tempted so Ive left them in the staff room. By Monday when Im back in work they will have gone!

that sounds good ... could split your oatbran allowance between the croquet & the muffin for the trifle :D

I think on xmas day, double rations would be the answer :)

Back