Xmas

Daisybank

Hmmmmmm!
Don't want to put a downer on anyone who is in the festive spirit and I know it's an old cliche but think it's worth remembering that xmas is not a happy time for everyone for loads of reasons. It can be a very lonely and difficult time for some, made harder when surrounded by signs of others fun. In my own circle there are a few who are not as carefree as they would wish and their problems which they have coped with during the rest of the year are harder to bear at this time of year. This forum is a great place for support and friendship at any time of year. :hug99:

So true. We are cutting short our family day this year to spent the evening with my friend who lost 4 family members between November and February last year. One of those was her mother who comitted suicide on her (my friend's) birthday less than 2 weeks before christmas.

Family isn't just those who are blood-related, my family extends to my good friends too x

taz I am sure your friend appreciates it xx

Yeah she does. We went to London for her birthday last week to see Mamma Mia and generally have a good time. I'd promised her we'd do something special so she could break the association from last year. She said she really found out who her friends were this year. It makes me sad to think that she will be all alone for christmas which is why we are spending the evening with her.

what a kind friend you are taz xxx
The way I see it, you treat others how you'd like to be treated. I may have had some rough times but there are a lot of people far less fortunate than I am. I'd do anything for my friends, if they need me I'm there. If you can't be kind at christmas when can you be? xx

The way I see it, you treat others how you'd like to be treated. I may have had some rough times but there are a lot of people far less fortunate than I am. I'd do anything for my friends, if they need me I'm there. If you can't be kind at christmas when can you be? xx

aww you are so sweet hun - wish I had a friend like you xx

Ah thanks hun, you obviously have a good heart for starting this thread in the first place! xx

Back