~*~xsarahloux refeeding diary~*~

Ladies, try a bay leaf in with your cod and milk. Gives it a lovely flavour. Poach for just a few minutes until the fish starts to flake. Thicken with a little arrowroot to make a light sauce.
You are all doing so fab on refeed/maintenance.

Ladies, try a bay leaf in with your cod and milk. Gives it a lovely flavour. Poach for just a few minutes until the fish starts to flake. Thicken with a little arrowroot to make a light sauce.
You are all doing so fab on refeed/maintenance.

Thanks I love bay leaves. Where do you buy arrowroot what is it???

Sarahlou Hope your refeed is still going well and your enjoying your food.

Arrowroot is similar to cornflour but does not have any floury taste. So, it thickens sauces but does not affect the taste. It is often used to thicken clear sauces as well. You will get it in the same aisle with the baking products.

sorry i havent been around!! i'll update my progress asap - i've been keeping a note of everything i've had so havent lost track completely!! xxx

Right...

DAY 6
B: Choc Shake
L: Chicken Salad with balsamic vinegar
D: Prawns & LF From Frais with paprika, small jacket potato, salad

*2 x tea with skimmed milk
*2 x black coffee
*2 litres water

DAY 7
L: Chicken Salad, small wholemeal roll
D: Trout fillet, poached with lemon & dill, broccolli, cabbage
*2 x black coffee
*2 litres water

DAY 8
L: Prawns/LF From Frais, salad, wholemeal pitta
D: chicken breast, dry fried with spices, peppers, onions, passata and 4oz whole meal pasta.

(nearly popped after dinner - only managed about half of it, then an hour later felt SO full!!)

*2 x black coffee
*2 litres water
*satsuma
*1 x small gin & slimline tonic - OH MY GOD. heaven.

DAY 9
L: Prawn Salad, balsamic vinegar
D: wholemeal pasta, peas, bolognaise - turkey mince, celery, onion, peppers, tomato puree, oregano, passata

*2 x black coffee
*2 litres water
*satsuma
*2 x small gin & slimline tonic

DAY 10
L: Chicken salad
D: Trout fillet - as day 7, but with 4 small new potatoes and chives
*2 x black coffee
*2 litres water
*2 x small gin & slimline tonic

RIGHT! Enough GIN!!! what a lightweight i am too!

DAY 11
L: Tuna salad, balsamic vinegar, wholemeal pitta
D: Chicken breast, Carrotts, cabbage, peas, sweet potato
* 4 x tea skimmed milk
* 1 x costa skinny latte
* 1 x pepsi max can

OK so thats us up to date!

going well i think. i started refeed at 12st 10 and a half lbs. i crept down to 12st 8lbs but seem to have stabilised after a week at 12st 9lbs. so lost a lb!! happy days!! said to myself i would be happy if i can just stay the same in december so off to a good start :) xxxx

Well done Sarah. You seem totally in control yet not over analysing yourself. Things seem to be in a nice normal routine for you. Hope it keeps up like this for the holidays.

Hi Molly,

yes you know it's amazing how normal it feels after so long off food. and yet i am still craving nothing other than "the good stuff"! hope it does keep up for the holidays - although if disaster were to strike, at least i know i'm disciplined enough to fix it now! xxx

lol Tanya.

ok i used a pyrex dish thing, oven 180c, nearly covered the fish with milk, added sliced mushrooms and pepper, covered in foil, in the oven for 20 mins. delish! x

oh lovely, its lovely with onions in it too and some pepper then... we do make it with red fish in a pot and it does be lovely.... :):)

Back