xsarahloux's diary

xsarahloux

~~someday!~~
Hiya all!

I am so excited to have just found the minimins iPhone app! Happy sarahlou! So I'm back :)

I've battled with my weight for as long as I can remember, I'm 25 and remember feeling bad about my weight when I was 7 <insert comment about young girls in a media heavy society here> and it got worse and worse until I was 20, at uni and on lipotrim. I lost about 5 stone and got to 11st 7. Happiest I have ever been. Then got cocky, got a wonderful bf and found all that weight and more. At 23 I was 22 stone. I went back to lipotrim and lost 9st in 7 months. True to form I've gained weight again. The scales this morning said:

16st 12.

I'm going on holiday for the first time in 3 yrs in July so time to get my head straight again. I'm not going back to lipotrim this time - although I love it - I'm going to try it with exercise and healthy eating. We'll see if I end up back on lipotrim, but for now, here's my journey.

Sxx

Hiya!

So 2 days of healthy eating in. I've been swimming 3 times a week since new year, and miraculously gained half a stone! Not many people can manage that you know. Basically I think I thought ah I'm exercising so a dominoes is ok! And yeah a dominoes is ok, once in a blue moon, but not after the fish and chips, and Chinese and copious wine! All in 1 month!

So the exercise is still going fine. I keep repeating my little mantra while I'm carving my way thru the water "thinner fitter stronger".

Food today:
Breakfast - 2 satsumas.
Lunch - sainsburys Thai chicken noodles, plus a bit more chicken - they're ever so mean with the chicken! And an activia snack pot.
Snacks - apple, nature valley Canadian maple syrup granola bar.
Dinner - jacket pot, baked beans, Birdseye chicken ( :-( southern fried)

On reflection, not enough veg today. xx

Hello

just want to wish you luck and say well done for losing that 9 stone in 7 months, WOW, you can do it again with the same focus and determination.

I too am trying yet again, I lost 5 stone years ago and felt good...so good I went back to old eating habits and gained it all and then some!!!!

I am following healthy eating too. I haven't tried activia yoghurts, do you recommend them? I like most yogurts and fat free fromage frais.

Good luck, I look forward to reading your progress.

Hi lovely,

Activia snackpots are gorgeous!! And filling, thank god. Haven't tried any other ones tho.

Thanks for the reply! I have spotted your thread so that's where I'm off!! xx

Thanks for the tip. I'll get some on next shopping list :)

(I hope my thread made a 'entertaining' read, I enjoy recording all my thoughts, fears and expectations :eek: )

I will definately be following your progress, still so impressed with your previous weight loss, what an achievement and you ARE going to do it again.

Heya,
I read a lot about people who have been on lipotrim and those other things and quie a few put the weight back on, so it's good that you've learnt from this and are trying something else. I get so tempted when I see people have lost loads of weight on those programmes, but this has to be a long term thing, so it has to be something sustainable.

It's great that you're doing so much exercise, swimming's supposed to be great for you, so I'm sure once you stop the pizza you'll see great results :)

What did you do at uni?

Best wishes!!

Hiya pink! At uni, study wise, I did social science, but now I do marketing so go figure!! How you doing?

Well i've been quite good lately! Swimming Monday Wednesday and Fridays, and eating properly.

Today I ate:
2satsumas
1banana
A nature valley granola bar
An innocent veg pot, Mexican one - delish
Activia fat free yoghurt
About 5 chocolate snackajacks
Wholewheat spaghetti, meatballs and veg in chopped tomatoes.

What does everyone else eat?

Sx

I live on homemade soup, shredded wheat (with warm milk and honey) and snack-a-jacks. Generally any meal that involves meat and 3 veg is healthy.

Social science to marketing? I can see where one might help the other actually. I suppose if you understand society, you understand its needs, wants and weaknesses and how to target them ;)

I wish I were brave enough to go swimming!
Keep up the good work!

hello, how are you doing today?

I eat....

cereals
fruit
cold meat salads
baked potatoes with healthy fillings
tuna
mackeral
sardines
crispbread
beetroot
brocolli
turnip
peas
carrots
home made soup
odd cereal bar
eggs, poached or scrambled
wholemeal bread
beans
steamed fish
spring onions
chicken
low fat coleslaw
fromage frais
yoghurts
(and gallons of water)
other things too, put mind has gone blank :eek:

Hope you have a good day. I agree with Pink, well done on the swimming, I'm nowhere near facing the pool....YET ;)

Back