Yasmine's calorie bible

kered

Gold Member
Hi Yasmine

I have had a look on google and my calorie book and I am getting mixed calories for 'Thai sweet chilli sauce'.

Could you have a look at your bible for me please chick and see how many cals you get for 20g - pretty please.

Sure, I'll see if it has it :)

I am off to bed chick, early rise for work in the morning. I will log on tomorrow to see if you have had any luck.

Nitey nite x

ok this is what it says

Thai chilli, dipping sauce, Sainsbury's - 1tbsp/15g - 30kcal
20g = 40kcal

Thai chilli, Sharwood's - 1bottle/150ml - 264kcal
20g = 35.2kcal

Sweet chilli, asda* - 1tbsp/15ml - 18kcal
20g = 24kcal

Sweet chilli, dipping, Thai, Amoy* - 1 serving/10g - 14kcal
20g = 28kcal

Sweet chilli, Sharwood's - 1 bottle/150ml - 326kcal
20g = 43kcal

I hope this helps, there are many brands and they all have different calorie contents, that's why I put them all :)

Thanks for that Yasmine, the one I have is from a Chinese Supermarket, but they are all fairly close in calories anyway, so I have logged it as 30 cals.

Thanks for your help.

Oh I see right. It should have the calorie content on it. Unless it's in chinese :p.

this might be a completly blonde question but how an earth are yous weighing out sauces?

Do you just bung it on the scale, weigh it then scrape it onto yer food?

Hehe, well I weigh everything. I just read the label.

For example, I have a pot of Natural yoghurt and it says there are 55 calories in 100g. If I want less and I want to figure out the calories this is what I do.

Divide the amount of calories by the amount of grams stated and then multiply by how many grams I wish to use.
I want 45g of yoghurt.

55kcal divided by 100g = 0.55kcal
0.55kcal multiplies by 45g = 24.75kcal.

For total accuracy, just round it to the nearest 10th = 25kcal.

I hope this helps :D

Its not in chinese lol, but it doesnt give any calorie content.

Tanya, when I am using the dipping sauce, I put my plate of food on the scales, set it to zero, then pour the dipping sauce onto the plate until the scales read 20g.

Hehe, well I weigh everything. I just read the label.

For example, I have a pot of Natural yoghurt and it says there are 55 calories in 100g. If I want less and I want to figure out the calories this is what I do.

Divide the amount of calories by the amount of grams stated and then multiply by how many grams I wish to use.
I want 45g of yoghurt.

55kcal divided by 100g = 0.55kcal
0.55kcal multiplies by 45g = 24.75kcal.

For total accuracy, just round it to the nearest 10th = 25kcal.

I hope this helps :D

Thanks yas :)

Ive just written out my refeed plan - i will post it later see what yous all think :eek: lol

Its not in chinese lol, but it doesnt give any calorie content.

Tanya, when I am using the dipping sauce, I put my plate of food on the scales, set it to zero, then pour the dipping sauce onto the plate until the scales read 20g.

haha see now this makes sense - told you it was a stupid question lol

Back