Yes, a re-starter can do it. One week down.

That's great determination there Springador - well done :) It'll soon get easier as we get into January.

that is the key springador not giving in during these situation. You have made a great point, Have your drink or soup at the event. Once you have been in that situation a few times it gets easier and easier to not give in while out with people who are eating. I do it all the time now and thank goodness I can glance at what people are eating and then I can just block the food out and enjoy the conversation and have lots of laughs. Come on everyone give it a try. Now my friends and coworkers are used to me with my choc tetra box or my thermal coffee cup with my "mocha latte", 1/2 choc 1/2 vanilla powder, splenda, instant coffee blended with my stick blender. Yummm, they can't talk me into eating and believe me some have tried really hard ha! I know some may not tell people they are on this diet so I understand it would be hard to socialize then.
All the luck to those working hard to stay on track.

If you have read the book The Secret, you may remember it talks about bringing the postive not the negative to you. Instead of saying, "I know my picking will keep me from my goal" say instead, "I can do the things I need to do and I can see myself at the weight I want to be and loooking like I want to look". By drawing the positive to you the universe (I call that God) will give you what you seek. If you draw the negative to you that is what you will get back. It is an interesting book. My journey has truly been a blessing for me, I feel like it is a miracle. There are some on here that have maintained for over 3 years. They have found the key to success and I will find that key too.
edi

Springador, well done on resisting. This time of year is really hard, as there are sweets popping up all around the workplaces, parties and stuff too.
But it will soon be over, and I am sure all your colleagues will be starting their diets in Jan (as people usually do), so keep it up, and drink plenty of water. You will get there
x

Well I went to M&S (20% off), and bought some new underwear. Happy as my breasts are now in the right place, haha, and I actually feel sexy (yes, honestly). Ok, I'm no Elle Mcpherson, but its been many years since I have said or felt this, and it feels great. I am actually looking forward to wearing them for my oh with the lights on!!!
I think if you feel confident it shows, and there is nothing more sexy then that.
Ok, ramble over. Hope everyone else is doing well, and almost another week over xxx

Good luck Cicerone. I plan restarting on 2 Jan - I just think for me there's no point before Xmas now.

its so nice to hear of re-starters winning the battle again, you have inspired me to just get on with it and stick to it xxxx
Now then, long time so speak! How are you doing?
xxxx

Oooh new undies and boobs in the right place - bet it feels great ----- your clothes will look so much better now as you're shape will fit them more.

Yes, a re-starter can do it. 2nd Weigh in

Hi Ladies. Well another weigh in and another 4lbs gone.

I now weigh 10stone 12, and I cant remember the last time I was in the tens. I feel really happy, so will be doing slimming world from now on. I dont want to lose anymore weight too quickly without exercising.
I really need to start toning up.
So I wish everyone on here well, and hope I can keep the weight off and carry on losing and toning.

Thanks for everyones help and advice on here. You have all been great xxx

Back