Ying and yang!

Sean(JSF)

Making it all add up
I've not posted much this last week as I've had a terrible week. Unfortunately my beagle has been very sick and in the vets. Long story short after major surgery she didn't make it and I've been in floods since Thursday. (had dogs for 21years, feel like I've lost a limb)

To add to the stress, Saturday was my birthday and not eating, not drinking added to my emotional state has not made for a happy weekend...

However, back at work this morning and all of a sudden, as well a being very supportive, everyone seems to have suddenly noticed I'm losing weight. 3lb short of 3stone at last WI and everyone has been in to congratulate me, with a few also asking to know more about LL!

Can't make up for a terrible week/weekend, but certainly helping.

Oh, and I didn't lapse, so proud of that as well.

Well done Sean. That must have been so tough. We lost one of our westies last summer and it was awful because she had liver disease and just deteriorated so quickly :cry: They are just like part of the family.

Well done on not lapsing in such stressful circumstances, that must have been tough. I suppose the positive comments help a little, but as you say, they can't make up for your loss :(

Big well done for staying on track through that, and I suppose if you know you can stick to LL even through that, then you can stick to it through anything.

I'm so sorry, it can be so devastating losing pets that are close to us. And Happy Birthday!

Thanks WG and PB, I've decided that I CAN and WILL stick to LL until I reach goal, I'll be half way there this week, so that's a real watershed for me.

Also I am now convinced that i am just 'between dogs' at the moment, a happy thought.

That's such a great attitude to have. And just think of the potential joy of having a new puppy and a new dog to get to know!

:cry: Sean, so so sorry to hear about your dog. :cry: Truly. I know how much a part of the family our little 4-legged friends are.....so you have my heartfelt sympathy.

Whenever I hear someone has lost a pet - I always share this poem, with them. While it will make the tears flow, I find it also gives so much comfort, and I never tire of reading it. so I hope you won't mind my recomending it to you too - it you don't already know it:

Rainbow Bridge Poem

Take care.:(

xx

Mixed emotions

Sean
I know how hard itis to lose a little companion, only time helps. However you will be able to look back after a while and know that you and your dog were both lucky to have known and loved each other. You did everything you could to look after her. Another dog will not relace her, but will need your love and attention and weedle their way into your heart.
Between dogs is a good way of looking at it,
Well done for sticking to LL throughout an emotional time and I'm glad others are starting to notice.
Congratulations. xxxxx

hi sean
sorry to hear about your dog.

well done for not lapsing, shame you had such a rubbish weekend

but just think, by your next birthday you will be a totally different man - slim, fit and running over the hills with your new puppy/dog!

chin up
daisy x

[with tears in eyes] thank you all for the kind words & wishes

Ouch Sean, hugest of hugs.:cry:

So proud of you for sticking to your guns too. :hug99:

Oh Sean. I've only just seen this thread, so sorry {{{HUGS}}} and well done for sticking to plan under such difficult circumstances.

This poem by Rudyard Kipling always helps me when I lose a four-legged family member:

The Power of the Dog
There is sorrow enough in the natural way
From men and women to fill our day;
And when we are certain of sorrow in store,
Why do we always arrange for more?
Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware
Of giving your heart to a dog to tear.
Buy a pup and your money will buy
Love unflinching that cannot lie-
Perfect passion and worship fed
By a kick in the ribs or a pat on the head.
Nevertheless it is hardly fair
To risk your heart for a dog to tear.
When the fourteen years which Nature permits
Are closing in asthma, or tumour, or fits,
And the vet's unspoken prescription runs
To lethal chambers or loaded guns,
Then you will find--it's your own affair-
But...you've given your heart for a dog to tear.
When the body that lived at your single will,
With its whimper of welcome, is stilled (how still!);
When the spirit that answered your every mood
Is gone-wherever it goes-for good,
You will discover how much you care,
And will give your heart for the dog to tear.
We've sorrow enough in the natural way,
When it comes to burying Christian clay.
Our loves are not given, but only lent,
At compound interest of cent per cent.
Though it is not always the case, I believe,
That the longer we've kept 'em, the more do we grieve:
For, when debts are payable, right or wrong,
A short-time loan is as bad as a long-
So why in Heaven (before we are there)
Should we give our hearts to a dog to tear?

So Sorry to hear your sad news Sean, I too have only just come across your thread.

Well done for sticking to it during such a terrible week and belated Happy Birthday!

x

Back