Yippee - triple whammy

whatsnewpussycat

Yippee. My first 3 stone is off. Woohoo. 10 weeks down, so with a bit of luck I'll get another 10lbs off before the end of Foundation. And according to my ticker my BMI is now below 30 - a double whammy. I'm now officially overweight instead of obese. :rolleyes:

I had my hair cut today to celebrate. For the last 20 years every time I get my hair cut my hairdresser says 'the usual?' and I say, 'yes please, just the ends off' . This time I said 'do you know, I fancy something a little different' - he nearly fainted! So I had some layers cut into my hair (I've got the curliest hair in the world, so layers are kind of difficult, but you get the gist I'm sure). It feels a little short now but I'm sure I'll get used to it. OH says it suits my face now he can actually see my cheekbones (i'm sure there's a compliment in there somewhere!)

And finally the triple whammy ... in week 2, I set one of my goals to get a new job. And guess what? I've got a new job! Woohoo. I start mid-October. I'm sooo excited. What a difference 3 months makes eh?

Firstly well done on hitting the 3 stone goal, that's a brilliant achievement :clap:

Yours is a really good post, full of positivity showing what just 10 weeks can do - best of luck for the rest of your journey :)

Yippee. My first 3 stone is off. Woohoo. 10 weeks down, so with a bit of luck I'll get another 10lbs off before the end of Foundation. And according to my ticker my BMI is now below 30 - a double whammy. I'm now officially overweight instead of obese. :rolleyes:

I had my hair cut today to celebrate. For the last 20 years every time I get my hair cut my hairdresser says 'the usual?' and I say, 'yes please, just the ends off' . This time I said 'do you know, I fancy something a little different' - he nearly fainted! So I had some layers cut into my hair (I've got the curliest hair in the world, so layers are kind of difficult, but you get the gist I'm sure). It feels a little short now but I'm sure I'll get used to it. OH says it suits my face now he can actually see my cheekbones (i'm sure there's a compliment in there somewhere!)

And finally the triple whammy ... in week 2, I set one of my goals to get a new job. And guess what? I've got a new job! Woohoo. I start mid-October. I'm sooo excited. What a difference 3 months makes eh?

What a great post!!! Congratulations on the new you that is obviously emerging!!

Looks like you're thrashing these goals one by one in no time at all :D

Great, just great.

Lacey xx :)

Thanks guys. I really appreciate your comments. :thankyou: I get so much from this forum, and I wanted to share some good vibes. Today in class we were discussing the fact that if you really want something enough you'll go to extreme lengths to make sure you get it. I think I'm finally getting it that I really really don't want to be obese anymore. I hesitate to say I want to be 'normal' - who wants to be normal??! :D

Thanks guys. I really appreciate your comments. :thankyou: I get so much from this forum, and I wanted to share some good vibes. Today in class we were discussing the fact that if you really want something enough you'll go to extreme lengths to make sure you get it. I think I'm finally getting it that I really really don't want to be obese anymore. I hesitate to say I want to be 'normal' - who wants to be normal??! :D

Not me!!!!....lol :eek::D:D:D

Way too late for me too :D At my interview they told me I was 'unusual' - was that a good thing I wondered?! I told them I preferred the term 'unique'! :cool:

LOL....unique is good...really good!!!! ;):D:D:D

Mine calls me "animated and vibrant"....!!!! :rolleyes::D

PMSL!!!! Animated and vibrant sounds like the polite version of what people say about me - I've been told by people FAR away from me that they can tell when I've left the building cos the volume goes down by decibels!! :p

Although I guess you could be animated and vibrant in a library as long as you were quiet about it :)

LOL!!!

So with you on the hair thing. Had mine cut 4 months into LL, after long shoulder length for literally decades!! It was soooo different and I love it!! We are new women!!

Great news on all your goals too!!! Well done!!

Thank you :) I've just caught up on your village fete thread. LOL! Good luck with the jeans! I just tried on a pair of size 12 shorts from Gap - OMG, they look terrible! I bought them as a 'just in case' for my holiday, but that's where they'll be staying ... in the case! :D

And re: the hair - I went out last night to see some friends and no-one noticed that I'd had about 8 inches cut off my hair! Maybe I'll dye it pink and see if that causes a reaction...

Back