Yo-Yo Dieter no more (hopefully)

Missmain

Hi All,

Just wanted to post and share my story as I begin the weight loss journey AGAIN!

I am 23 years old and am right now probably at my heaviest I've ever been.

In 2010/2011 I was a member of Slimming World and lost 4 stone, going from a size 16/18 to a 10/12. At that time I had joined the gym and was going to 1 or 2 classes most nights and at weekends. I was so so fit and absolutely loved exercise. I never got to target, but I was happy. I went on holiday at the end of 2011 to Kenya feeling fab!! At the time, I didn't think I looked that different, but looking back at pictures I definitely did!

At the start of 2012 I bought a house with my boyfriend and from then it's just been a slippery slope right back to square 1. It's been all lovely home cooked meals made with the all the wrong things aka full fat butter, milk, cheese, having pudding most nights, a wee glass of wine (or 2!!) etc etc. I stopped exercising and my weight has crept right back up.

I've known for a while I really need to get back into diet & exercise but I have not been able to find motivation anywhere. I just keep thinking about how much effort it took the last time with the gym etc. I don't want to drag my sorry @** back to the same gym and them be like "what happened to her"?!?!?! ha! even though I know they would not be like that at all.

A few months ago I went to Slimming World and was enjoying it, but then I stopped going again.

I saw a video of myself two nights ago and that has been the big kick I need. I hardly recognised myself.

So!

I have started again as of yesterday with a food diary and I am loving the site for syn values/recipes/inspiration etc.

X

Back