YO-YOING

blush

:cry:hi there everyone, im having a real hard time right now, i lost 2 stones another 2 to loose but for the past month ive just being going up and down every week, i do ss for one week get to 11stones then i mess up and by end of the 2nd week im back up tp 11st 5/6/7 etc, then i try again get back down then mess up again and just cant for past 6 weeks get it right, did this happen to anyone else and how do u break the cycle... its getting me real down now as i feel im wasting the shakes and time.... any advice would really be appreciated. :wave_cry:

Oh hun, I know exactly how you feel, I bounced about at 13st 11lbs up to 14st 2lbs for absolutely ages!!! I had 2 st to lose at that point too. It was almost like I had some kind of mental block. I've been in the 13s for longer than I ever imagined, but I've managed to persever and I'm on the down side of the 13s at last.

There was nothing really that made me keep plodding along, only the thought that if I didn't keep going for at least most of each week I'd end up with the weight creeping back on. as you can see by my stats, my losses have slowed right down this time round (this is my 2nd time on CD). I've made peace with that, it was soooo frustrating at first but I'm used to it now and at least it's coming off.

I think you just need to keep reminding yourself why you're doing this, and remember how you feel when you've cheated or slipped up. It still happens to me, although not often anymore. At the beginning of the year when I started back on CD I really yoyo'd but I just kept telling myself I will lose the weight if I stick with it.

I don't suppose this has been any help what so ever, because I haven't really offered you any advice, sorry, but at least you know, you're not alone xxx

Hi

You are not alone. I would just say you need to stay focused, set yourself a target of one day at a time and the days will turn into 2/3/4 then a week, you'll see the great losses, scales going down and it will be easy again. Good luck.:)

This is exactly how I am at the moment. I just can't get back on track. My losses are so slow now and thats because I am not doing the plan properly.

My will power seems to have left the building. Is such a struggle at the moment and can't break this awful cycle

Charlie x

I've been yo-yoing since Christmas and really had had enough. I would chance the weight gain as I knew I could SS it and lose it all in a week. And my BMI was just too low for that. Coupled with a useless CDC, I've had to take charge and have moved up stages. I skipped past 810 (I would yo-yo between that and SS anyway) and moved onto 1000 and I'm so much happier. I think my body had had enough of no food. I've still got a stone to lose, I might get there, I might not, if I maintain as I move through the stages, I'll be happy. Its been years since I was a size 12 so I'm happy. As my favourite aunt says about herself 'I'll never be 18 again'.

I've been yo-yoing since Christams as well, (and for several months before that on and off the diet if I'm being honest) then last week (wednesday) something finally clicked and I'm now on day 6 ss+, and no cheating and thats the first time I can say no cheating in a long long time.

I tried really hard the previous weekend and monday/tuesday but kept cheating, then on tuesday night said to myself enough is enough am I going to keep on cheating wasting money or was I going to get on with it, and I woke up wednesday and did just that. I think your head just needs to be in the right place, good luck getting back on track. If I can do it anyone can!!

thankyou all for your kind words and advice, your right its getting the mind in the right place to begin with, il try to get focused and restart properly tommorrow!! somehow i have a problem with starting on a monday??? my sisters wedding only 5 weeks away and wud love to shed atleast another stone so im not the biggest in the crowd of skinny girls! thanks everyone and good luck xxx

This might sound a bit mental, but I put post-it notes up on the wall of my bedroom and every day I get through I take one down and throw it away! I had 84 to start off with and only have 11 left (until my 30th birthday). I 've lost just over 2 1/2 stone in that time and although it may be really much slower than it was the first time .... lord knows why .... it has really kept me going.

Might just be me being mental but seems to have worked this time!!

J x

me too !! I have been hovering around 12 stone 12 lb for weeks now and finally made the decision last week to refeed , come off onto slimming world for a few months and see how I get on , and then maybe get back on CD to loose the last stone !!!
I lost the first 5 stone no problem , I didnt even notice it going if you know what I mean .. but this last 2-3 stone has been a nightmare .. its like my body like the weight it is now .. and is trying its hardest to stay there !!!!
I am loving SW and am still loosing so I am very happy , but I may go back onto CD in July to make sure I am at goal for my wedding in august :)
good luck I hope you work out how to get past this hurdle :)

This might sound a bit mental, but I put post-it notes up on the wall of my bedroom and every day I get through I take one down and throw it away! I had 84 to start off with and only have 11 left (until my 30th birthday). I 've lost just over 2 1/2 stone in that time and although it may be really much slower than it was the first time .... lord knows why .... it has really kept me going.

J x
Great idea, thanks

Hiya,I was happily yo-yoing from xmas til Easter,not at healthy Bmi,but felt good about myself and got some new clothes-however then came Easter(long weekend) and loads of weekend long celebrations,and now I am not yo-yoing I am obese again,feeling rubbish and trying very hard to be 100 per cent for at least a couple of weeks.
My advice is be strong and stick at it before the yo-yoing becomes a big enough gain to lower your self-esteem. Good luck x

J x

excellent idead i am gonna try that lovethat idea thanks

Im another one yo-yoing as well. I lost 1 week then gain the next. I have yet to follow it 100% for 7 days. I manage about 3-4 then eat.. I am just on SS & on chocolate flavoured ones all the time (as thats all i like) & im strugging to get them down.. It is the 3rd one of the day

I have 3 weeks til my holiday i wanted to lose 2 st when i started & have only managed to do a few lbs in total

Chealseaharvey
Hello dear.
You have to remebr this is not a forever thing and you just got to dedicate the time to get yourself where u wanna be.... i know you only like chocolate which is a shame but also good as better to like one than none, but make it work take 10 mins and have a conversation with your brain its your brain you need to get in check and you will be fine hun x

It seems there are quite a few of us going through this - as I am struggling to stay 100% focused. For the past 3 or 4 weeks i have been messing around with either a STS, put on a 1lb or loose a 1lb and it is a waste of money, time and effort (it still takes effort even if your cheating some of the time). I too was thinking about having a break whilst I get my head back into gear again, but figured that at least I am not putting the weight back on. I lost 4.5 stone last time I did the diet in 6 months (2 months worth of messing) and put the weight back on much quicker than it took to come off and I dont want to do that again. It is such a tough diet, if your head isnt in the right place, so I think this is where I need to start - getting focussed and doing whatever it takes to get that way.

I like the sticky note suggestion by the way.

I did read recently about washing your hands after you make a decision as apparently this works on a non conscious level, so I might give that a try.

Good luck everyone, its good to know were not on our own.

Back