Yo-Yo's weightloss however thread

Sorry guys. I'm really embarrassed to say that I'm packing CD in. I've been thinking about if for the past couple of days really and this morning has convinced me it's the right thing to do.

The problem isn't really with my weight, if I am honest, the problem is with my constant desire to overeat and it is that I need to be tackling.

I'm really missing eating food, and drinking other than water and I am feeling deprived. I also can't really afford to fork out £43 per week (inc water flavourings).

So, I'm going back to good old calorie counting and exercising. I've even had my eldest son hide the weighing scales and given him the express instructions that he must not get them out for another month. I need to stop obsessing about the numbers on the scales, and try and develop better eating habits.

I'm aiming to lose just 4lbs per calendar month (of course, any more will be a bonus and you wont hear me complaining) but even at this rate, it'll be nearly 2st off by the end of the year.

I've enjoyed feeling less bloated (thanks to CD) and I enjoy the taste of the shakes and things, and still think it's a brilliant diet, but for Goodness sake, I have less than three stones to lose, so surely even I should be able to manage that!

So, I'll still be keeping this diary (because the folks on here are so friendly) but I wont be weighing in every day (sob!) and I'm calorie counting, not doing CD (but I can't work out how to edit the title, if anyone knows feel free to let me know).

Thanks for being here.

Hi YoYo
Having only been able to survive slimfast for half a day I totally understand where you are coming from. I am hoping that I have gotten my mojo back in calorie counting. I dont know what your eating habits are like, but there is a great book based on cognitive behaviour therapy called "The Beck Diet Solution" which I followed a while ago, but then had a bit of a personal crisis and went off it, but it is so good when followed. It trains you to eat like a "thin" person. You get daily exercises to do and affirmations. If you google it you can read some stuff about it. I am going to restart it again tomorrow and really go for it properly. An example of some of the tasks - not eating standing up, you may say thats not a problem, but I tell you when you do it, its amazing how much you eat standing up!!!! All the picking you do is mostly while standing up!!! One of the days is to have what is called a hunger day. On this day, you purposefully only eat breakfast, then skip lunch, and dont eat til dinner. This is to show that hunger is not an emergency. It is very empowering, and even though I am not doing the programme properly up to now, I still say to myself, hunger is not an emergency when it is sort of half hour off dinner. Its fascinating, and now that I have been writing about it, I acutally cant wait to get stuck in again tomorrow.
Sorry for rambling on your thread :eek: You can do it.
Best of luck on your journey, and sending positive thoughts your way
xxx

Hah - I woke up this morning and turned left for the weighing scales before remembering that DS1 had hidden them from me!! I'm terrified that when I do get weighed on 15th August, I'll have gained 51 stone. I've got a pair of trousers, Tesco petite size 16s, that are a bit snug (but I can get away with wearing them) so I'll just use them as a gauge.

Breakfast: Nothing. Hadn't decided to jack in CD until the latter part of the morning.

Lunch: Bought a 'side salad' from local sandwich shop (lettuce, tomato, cucumber, sweetcorn, cottage cheese, coleslaw, onion, 1 slice of egg), and nipped to Tesco Express and bought some spicy chicken bites. Total = 345.4 cals.

Got one of those little snack sized pots of fruit too = 100 cals.

Afternoon: 1 x mini doughnut (there was a birthday at work) = 54.9 cals.

Dinner: Wasn't ravenously hungry so took the brave decision NOT to have an evening meal, and just had two crumpets with jam = 212.1 cals, and also a banana cos I looked at my calorie count for the day and felt it was a bit low. 71.7 cals.

Drinks: 2 litres of water, and a coke zero

total: 785.9 cals.
Fat: 18.7g (22.3%).

I'm going to try and have no less than 1100 calories, and no more than 1800 calories. The latter is apparently how many calories I need to maintain 13st 2lbs.

Again, this morning - first thought on my mind was to go and get weighed!

9:10am: I had a crumpet with jam (106 calories)

11:50am: Oat so simple (with sprinkles) a chopped up banana and some golden syrup (373 calories)

15:40: 1 sandwich made with two slices of bread, wafer thin ham, spread and piri-piri mayonnaise. (186.3 cals). It was one of those supermarket baked breads where the ends are smaller than the pieces in the middle, so I used two small pieces of bread to make it, which is why it’s not a lot of calories.

18:00 – some tic tac’s nicked from DS2 (35 cals)

18:45 – Babybel Cheese. (68 cals)

20.10 – Small tin of Heinz cream of tomato soup, with two bigger slices of bread with spread (458.6 cals)

total: 1221.5 cals.
fat: 44.3g (33.2%). A bit higher than I would like (max 30%) but I can see that it came mostly from the soup (10g per serving) and 8g from the Oat so Simple and they're not something I will eat every day.

drinks: 1.5 litres water and a coke zero.

The reason I had two breakfasts was because I start work at 6am, and I was having half a day’s annual leave so I could go to my eldest son’s school for the leaver’s mass. I normally have breakfast at work after our morning meeting so just had a crumpet as I wasn’t hungry but didn’t think it was a good idea not to have anything to eat. I was ravenous by the time I got home after the Mass though. I could have easily ripped my arm off and eaten that.

I got an urge to have a tin of tomato soup, even though I am not usually a fan! I was at the school sat in the dining room watching the mass and all I (thought I could) smell was tomato soup! Anyway – I got one of the smaller 300g tins.

I did some exercise in the form of a walk to the supermarket (to get the soup) and it was 17 minutes there, and the same back – and do you know – I was shattered!

I tried on a top today that I bought 2-3 weeks ago, a size 14 from next, but I didn't try it on and it was a bit tighter than I was happy with. I tried it on today and it looked a lot better, and the only reason I am NOT wearing it is because it didn't go with the only pair of clean jeans I have available!!

09:20am - 2 x Weetabix, 1 x banana chopped, 150mls semi-skimmed milk, 1 tbsp golden syrup (303.4 cals)

11:20am - Sandwiches made with 4 slices of white Tiger bread, 28g mozzarella, wafer thin ham, sunflower spread and piri-piri mayonnaise (633.3 cals) - yikes, can tell I didn't work out the calories of that before I made it!

13:30 - 1 x packet of sunbites = 117.5 cals.

Eldest son left Primary School yesterday. He's been there since January 2000 when he was 3, so I had a bit of a teary moment. The parents clubbed together and hired a limousine (a school tradition) and we held a football party for the boys afterwards. I did the catering (nothing fancy)

17:30 - 1 x chicken nugget, 2 x cocktail sausages, 2 x curly fries, 1 x Scotch egg.

18:00 - 1 x (large) slice of (very stodgy) sponge cake with icing

21:00 - 300ml glass of full sugar coke and some more cake.

Obviously today's figure is a guesstimate, as I have no way of telling how many calories in the cake (I hope I over-estimated LOL!!!)

Total: 2061.4
Fat: 74g (33.9%)

So, I was over calories yesterday but I've been below the 1800 maintainance calories for three out of four, so it should all average out.

10:50am - oat so simple with sprinkles, 180ml semi-skimmed milk, chopped up banana and golden syrup

4:30pm - 2 x English muffins with jam

18:30pm - 2 slices of meat mayhem pizza

20:00 - quorn casserole (quorn fillets, bertolli sweet chilli sauce, sweetcorn, mushrooms)

21:30 - 2 x slices of loaded cheese pizza (boredom eating)

22:00 - 1 x Rocky bar. (boredom eating)

Calories: 1734.5
Fat: 57.9g (31.1%)

I just couldn't bear to chuck the kids leftover pizza's away!! Still, at least I was under my allowance. I also did a spot of walking, not much, just down to the indoor football centre and back, then the same ahain, it equated to half an hour in total.

Definitely not feeling so bloated. Have a pair of cropped jeans on, that I'd had to stop wearing a few weeks ago because of severe belly overhang and they look alright today. Maybe I haven't put all the CD weight I lost back on again? (no way of telling without scales!!!)

oh DAMN! Blew it yesterday, really angry with myself. I did really well up until about six pm and then I just went off on a biscuit binge!!! These biscuits had been in the house for over a week, and I hadn't touched them until yesterday!!

Breakfast: 2 x eggs scrambled with a touch of milk, and 1 x English muffin (toasted, no spread) with brown sauce.

Lunch: Quorn casserole (same as yesterday)

Dinner: Quorn Casserole (same as yesterday)

I know why I ate, and it was because I was bored. Eldest son had gone to his mates and was sleeping over. Husband has horrific dental pain (no NHS dentist) and he had a lot to drink yesterday to try and numb the pain, so he fell asleep on the sofa at 5pm. Little one went to bed at 7pm cos he fell asleep on the sofa with his dad, and there was SOD ALL on the TV, so I just ate and ate. I don't know why I eat through boredom because time passes whether you eat or not doesn't it?! I was reading the world's worst book too (Martina Cole's "Close") so that wasn't keeping me busy (I don't like giving up on a book).

Anyway, it's just a blip, so I will get back onto it today. I feel all bloated and horrible though - YUK!!!

Hiya, I have just been reading through your diary. I am sorry that your CD journey didn't work out for you. Its great that you haven't given up on your weight-loss journey though and are trying a different approach. Good Luck with it and I am sure you will do well and feel happier after a few weeks trying your new diet. ;)

Eating when your bored is a common thing, I used to do it all the time, I just make myself not eat when I am bored, I remind myself I don't need the food because I had dinner and I remember why I am dieting and that normally puts me off binging.

Don't worry about your slip with the biscuits, file the incident away, learn from it and move on. ;)

Keep up all your hard work, it will be worth it in the end.

Love Gemma
xx

Thanks Time Lady

Yesterday was a disaster too. As you know it's the school holidays and we didn't have anything planned. My next door neighbour has two little girls aged 4 and 5, and my youngest DS is 5, so they play together a lot. Anyway the two girls were here most of yesterday and it was so stressful, they just bicker and argue constantly, God knows why they keep insisting on calling for one another. So....I just ate, and ate and ate....to the extent that I made myself ill, and I was up all the night with V&D!!

NEVER AGAIN!!!

So, back on it today.

Hi Yoyo
Fancy a challenge!!! I am like you, eat when Im stressed, bored, angry etc, (not saying you do with all those, just you said you were stressed!! Just check out my diary!:eek:)
Anyway, I signed up to fitsquad yest, its free and the food is great. Very do-able. If you fancy we could make personal challenges and then support each other? I too have 2 kids that are doing my head in, (one is on an extended time out as we speak!!!lol).
Anyway, check out fitsquad.co.uk. It is the Sun papers thingy! I just noticed it yest.
Also, if you check out my diary, I am doing a cognitive behaviour therapy programme from a book called The Beck Diet solution, and it gets you into the habit of "thinking like a thin person". I am going to be posting what I am doing from day to day, so there may be tips that will help? Sorry, I hope you dont think Im being bossy, :eek: Im really not, but you just sound so like me.
xxx

Hey Clarri, I'm definitely going to check out Fit Squad (I just read your message now) and would love a challenge with you! I'm terrible for boredom eating, I can't wait to be back at work next week. Yesterday was another write-off, kids really stressing me out, and yes I do read your diary. I shouldn't be too bad today cos I don't have any rubbish food in cos we (well I) have eaten it all LOL.

Tried 'gauge pants' on today and they still fit (phew)

BLEURK - do I need to even post to say that yesterday was another rubbish day!! Definitely want to get on track, I think I need to force myself to start going to the gym

Another bad day but I've woken up today feeling quite enthusiastic and motivated. I've told DH that I AM going to the gym tonight to do Body Pump. I thought I might try and go on Friday and Tuesday to the Body Pump classes. I really enjoy them once I am there. I'm also due back at work on Monday, but I'm going to go in this weekend and get some overtime in. My eating habits seem to be much better when I am at work.

I bought some jeans from Asda yesterday - they are a bootcut style, dark denim, and okay they are a size 16, but I feel really good in them, they are very slimming. They were only £9 - what a bargain! They are the perfect length and everything, I might need to go back and get another pair. I hardly ever shop at Asda, I didn't know they sold such nice and reasonably priced clothes!

Ouch Ouch Ouch!!! I went to Body Pump last night and I ache all over. I didn't really enjoy it though. I think I might just re-start going to the gym again, rather than the classes.

I ate 25 calories under my maintainance calories + exercise calories yesterday, so not what I planned, but at least I didn't go over. I'm back at work next week and I find it so much easier when I'm back in a routine.

....and back again!!! Got scales out after 24 days and have put 8.2lbs back on! GRRRR. Why can I not have any self control?

Day 1.

Breakfast: Nothing.

Lunch: McDonalds - Diet coke (0 cals), medium fries (325 cals), Deli Sandwich (430 cals) (BBQ Pork Melt with cheese and salad, toasted on a brown roll) and some BBQ Sauce (17 cals). Also had 3 x McNuggets which one of the kids was wasting (130 cals)

Afternoon Snack: 2 x Ryvita's with hoummous (187 cals)

Dinner: 1 x Tin of Heinz Cream of Tomato Sauce (228 cals), and a large banana (111 cals)

Total: 1430
Fat: 54.3g (35.5%)

Maybe yesterday wasnt a good day to start as I had one of my son's friends over and we went to McDonalds. Anyway I don't think I did too badly. Do you know there is less fat in the sandwich I had, than there is in one of their cesear salads? Shocking! I also saved a million cals by not having a milkshake or full sugar coke and opting for diet (I don't do hot drinks).

Also, rather than having the hoummous as a dip, I had it as a spread!

Back