Yoga - Does anyone do it? (also slightly adult topic)

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Chika, 30 March 2008 Social URL.

1. Chika

Chika Silver Member

Start Weight:
    26st10lb
    Current Weight:
    25st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(4.01%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hi everyone - apologies of this post is a bit graphic, I've toned it down as much as poss!

How are we all doing? I have an issue, the diet is going great I'm loving seeing the scales drop but I really do need to get fitter.

Has anyone done any yoga and what were the main benefits to you. I've looked at various websites and they are all telling me something different about what it will do and how long it will take to see some results. What has it done for you, if anything.

Now the reason I'm asking is I finally got rid of the useless pf bf and I met someone else who is the most gorgeous creature ever... 6'5" of pure hotness, mmmmm! Anyway before I get carried away we were messing about the other night and he asked me to switch places if you get what I mean. So I climbed on and it was ok but I'm just not flexible enough to do all the stuff I wanted to do :(

So has yoga improved your flexibility? Thanks!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

lol. I have to confess to not doing yoga right now but two years ago I did yoga every morning. I stopped doing it and then had fits and starts with it. It has a huge impact on flexibility and while I noticed small changes as I went along, the times I really noticed the impact it has on flexibility is when I stopped doing it for a few weeks then got back into it.... the flexibility soon goes when you stop doing it.

Yoga is FANTASTIC. It improves flexibility, improves your state of mind, improves strength and tone of muscles and reduces the likelihood of injury. (I am a sport and massage practitioner and always recommend my clients do yoga or pilates - they have different impacts on the body but both are excellent).

Now for the bad news ... it isn't a miracle quick cure and to get the most from it you would need to be doing it every day (doesn't have to be for long), minimum 3 times a week. People go along to weekly classes of course but in terms of creating a change in your body - yoga is a practice that requires commitment and dedication but the benefits are outstanding.

I do my yoga at home rather than in a class. Oh that is another thing... choose your yoga class wisely as you don't want so many in the class that the instructor cannot spend time focussing on you and you getting the basics right. I'm waiting for my new yoga DVD to arrive from Amazon as I'm so ready to start doing it again.

Yoga is a discipline and I recommend that if you are serious about trying it that you try to schedule a regular time in the day to do it (for me, I find that I am most likely to stick to the routine if I do it as the first thing I do in the morning after going to the loo).

There are ways to target the particular areas you need stretching to improve flexibility. Is it in the thighs (front and or back) that you need it? I can give you stretches to do that you only need to do once a day (two is better) and hold each stretch for 1minute. My clients notice changes within a couple of weeks. One woman who was starting back at weekly pilates classes followed my suggestions and noticed a huge improvement in her flexibility in carrying out the movements within 2 weeks of doing the stretches everyday.. PM me (and if you want me to call you I can) and I'll give you details of stretches for whatever area it is that you are noticing the tightness (ps.... you go girl ... enjoy that bed activity :) and 6ft5 you are blooming greedy girl and I'm sure he is too much for you to handle - send him to me immediately!!)

Last edited: 30 March 2008
  4. poohbearmufc

poohbearmufc Longing 2 b a yummy mummy

Start Weight:
    16st10lb
    Current Weight:
    16st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Exante - Total Solutions
    Hey Hey Chika, you go for it girl!!!

Lol

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.