YOGHURT SCONES

I bought some bits last night to make these, hoping to get them done today although I am making my bread at the moment. I bought a vanilla yogurt to use, so hope they turn out lovely.

xx

Just made these. My cutter is at work so I had to use a glass which means mine are quite small - think I got 12 out of the mixture. I used all the yogurt but def will not do this next time as it was too gloopy really.

I used vanilla yogurt and they smell delish, can't wait to have one later with a scrape of jam after my salmon for tea.

Great recipe.
Thanks for sharing

x

i tried to make these last week, and they didn't rise, they still tasted yummy though. I"m going to try and make them again just now!!!!

Maybe you put too much yoghurt into the mix - try putting a less in this time, good luck. X

been meaning to try these for ages eventually went and got stuff for them today they are in the oven right now! my dough went a bit wonky was really really sticky! :( and i didn't even use all the pot of yoghurt and it was a different brand in a slightly smaller tub! hope they still turn out ok!

thanks for the recipe!

X

I have just made two batches of these scones and OMG they are sooo yummy! Thank you soooo much for this recipe. Ive made one batch with a cherry mullerlight and the other with the vanilla and chocolate sprinkle mullerlight. Ive even taken pics of how lovely they are, lol.

I have just made two batches of these scones and OMG they are sooo yummy! Thank you soooo much for this recipe. Ive made one batch with a cherry mullerlight and the other with the vanilla and chocolate sprinkle mullerlight. Ive even taken pics of how lovely they are, lol.

these are the two variations I would be interested in. Which flavour turned out best?

Lol, well of course I have had to try them both just to try out and i'd say the vanilla and chocolate sprinkles came out better, though I did add 1 TSP of sweetner too that batch recipe. Argh, im in trouble now, I have 15 gorgeous warm scones in the kitchen and being a major scone lover its a potential recipe for disaster, lol.

Lol, well of course I have had to try them both just to try out and i'd say the vanilla and chocolate sprinkles came out better, though I did add 1 TSP of sweetner too that batch recipe. Argh, im in trouble now, I have 15 gorgeous warm scones in the kitchen and being a major scone lover its a potential recipe for disaster, lol.

post them to me... i'm only down the road and have the flu.. now everyone awwwwww. lol xx

I've just made 2 batches of these.

1 was strawberry with added sultanas and the other was vanilla with added vanilla, added sweetener and sultanas. I haven't tasted both batches yet, only the strawberry one but it was bloody lovely and rose quite well. Next time I may add a little baking powder to give them a helping hand....lol.

I tried making these before from one of the books where I had to leave them over night and they turned out like biscuits and not very nice tasting. So this recipe is much better.

Thanks You!! I shall be making some of these for the next taster session at group, along with an Apple Betty....lol.

Mhmmm, sounds delicious - I have to try it soon

Made these earlier on and they are delicious ! My hubbie has eaten most of them and can't believe they're sugar free and low fat. Mine rose quite well, I added a pinch of baking powder. From making other scones in the past I've always found they rise a lot better if you gently mix the dough with a knife and try not to handle it too much. (I used the vanilla with choc sprinkles btw)

Going to have another one with a cuppa. Great recipe ! x

Back