YOGHURT SCONES

Mmmmm, good idea about the baking powder, enjoy....

good luck stephie, I found that using a knife to very gently mix the dough together helped a lot, try not to over work with dough as this will help with it rising. Have fun x

I made these for class today and as I didn't have any mullerlight in the fridge I used very low fat natural yogurt instead. When scones were cooked and had cooled I filled them with a teaspoon of strawberry jam and mixed fromage frais with a sachet of white choc options to make " cream". Everybody loved them and thought they tasted like fresh cream scones. Thank you for the recipe:thankyou:

right just made them again, the first batch didn't rise, and that was with baking powder, the second batch did though, the only difference is that obviously the oven was hotter, and i put the dough in the fridge until the first batch was out. xx

just had to make more scones, as the last couple of batches i took down to my OH's, and my moaned cause she liked them haha - so i've made them some, and i've put cheese in a batch of them and just use HE for it, nothing better than fresh scones mmmmmmmm. xx

I made these and wow the whole family love them!! I used a vanilla yogurt and bought Weight Watchers Reduced Sugar Jam (10ml/g is only 1/2 syn and Anchor Aerosol Light Cream 12.5g is 1 Syn. I got 14 small scones out of the dough so my scones were 2 syns each plus the 1.5 for jam and cream.

I would say however, that next time I'll take an egg cup of the flour out of the ingredients to roll the dough as mine was quite sticky and I struggled to roll it without using more flour lol

1scone-1.jpg

OH GOOD GOD. Scones were always my downfall, I just love them. Im going to make these Monday after weigh in, I would make them today but I have the mother of all head aches that refuses to go and besides that, im running low on syns and i know ill not just have one

I made these and wow the whole family love them!! I used a vanilla yogurt and bought Weight Watchers Reduced Sugar Jam (10ml/g is only 1/2 syn and Anchor Aerosol Light Cream 12.5g is 1 Syn. I got 14 small scones out of the dough so my scones were 2 syns each plus the 1.5 for jam and cream.

I would say however, that next time I'll take an egg cup of the flour out of the ingredients to roll the dough as mine was quite sticky and I struggled to roll it without using more flour lol

1scone-1.jpg
so did u mean u used the vanilla yogurt instead of the cottage cheese?and was it a whole pack of smash?how were the scones 2 syns for each one,if the ingredients were syn free? wldnt u just syn the jam and spray cream?thanks

I made these and they were nice but the yougurt flavour wasn't that strong.

I made 'normal' scones which is basically this with milk instead of yougurt (so used HEa) slighly more butter and they were only marginally higher in syns.

I think the reason these are so low in syns is because they are tiny. They are nice for a little taste but if you made them a normal size they're only 1 syn less!

made these yesterday they tasted lovely but looked pathetic they didn't rise at all lol what did i do wrong ?

Sounds gorgeous. Will try a wheat free version and see if it works!

I tried a wheat free version and they were awful. They didn't rise, texture was fine when warm buy when cold they were hard and horrid. :-(

these sound lovely, think im going to give them a whirl tonight with the vanilla yogurt and grate some orange rind in.

Back