Yogurts while doing SP, allowed?

If you want to follow SP 100%, then no because it is neither a Speed nor a Protein food. However, the members book does say that if you really want other Free foods on SP then you can, 'but to truly power up your weight loss, stick with SP'.

That's odd because if you look at the food diaries, only Muller Lights are segregated. Other 0% fat yoghurts are allowed and the guidance from SW about EESP long-term actually encourages you to supplement with fat-free yoghurt every day to go with your HEA or double up once per week to ensure you get enough Calcium.

This would be worth phoning head-office about this to obtain clarification from an official source close to the nutritionists as I am seeing threads other than this one questioning policies of the healthy eating plan with respect to HEA's and Fat-Free yoghurts.

That's odd because if you look at the food diaries, only Muller Lights are segregated. Other 0% fat yoghurts are allowed and the guidance from SW about EESP long-term actually encourages you to supplement with fat-free yoghurt every day to go with your HEA or double up once per week to ensure you get enough Calcium.

This would be worth phoning head-office about this to obtain clarification from an official source close to the nutritionists as I am seeing threads other than this one questioning policies of the healthy eating plan with respect to HEA's and Fat-Free yoghurts.

I think the confusion may be because this guidance is not in the Food Optimising book - perhaps because EESP was never intended to be used long term?

I think the confusion may be because this guidance is not in the Food Optimising book - perhaps because EESP was never intended to be used long term?

It is in my book, though. p59 - if you're doing it longer than a week, either build in some EE days or "add one more HE 'a' choice, or have one regular-size pot of any Free yoghurt (flavoured or natural) or the equivalent amount of fat free fromage frais each day to make sure you're getting enough calcium."

I do think the SP plan is ripe for confusion though. My consultant says that if you're making overnight oats, just use a synned yoghurt instead of a muller - but surely the syns in a yoghurt don't take into account the free food allowance? Ie if you were following SP properly, all your syns would be from fully synned foods like chocolate that have no free food allowance. :confused:

It is in my book, though. p59 - if you're doing it longer than a week, either build in some EE days or "add one more HE 'a' choice, or have one regular-size pot of any Free yoghurt (flavoured or natural) or the equivalent amount of fat free fromage frais each day to make sure you're getting enough calcium."

I do think the SP plan is ripe for confusion though. My consultant says that if you're making overnight oats, just use a synned yoghurt instead of a muller - but surely the syns in a yoghurt don't take into account the free food allowance? Ie if you were following SP properly, all your syns would be from fully synned foods like chocolate that have no free food allowance. :confused:

I was positive I'd read something somewhere about adding an extra A choice etc but it's not on pg 59 of my book! I think this must be an amendment and I was given a note about it which I've since lost. Perhaps this accounts for some of the confusion about yogurt?

I was positive I'd read something somewhere about adding an extra A choice etc but it's not on pg 59 of my book! I think this must be an amendment and I was given a note about it which I've since lost. Perhaps this accounts for some of the confusion about yogurt?

It's on the Reminder bookmark they gave us as well when the plan launched.

I think some consultants are confused by SP! I agree with what was said earlier - how can you have a synned yogurt on SP if the syns dont take into account the free food which isnt actually free on SP?!!

I'm very anti SP when I think about it - people should be using it as a boost to weight loss if they must not as a plan to always follow. I cant take a healthy eating plan seriously when it tells me I cant eat blueberries on it!!

I think some consultants are confused by SP! I agree with what was said earlier - how can you have a synned yogurt on SP if the syns dont take into account the free food which isnt actually free on SP?!!

I'm very anti SP when I think about it - people should be using it as a boost to weight loss if they must not as a plan to always follow. I cant take a healthy eating plan seriously when it tells me I cant eat blueberries on it!!

I am fully on the SP wagon here and I wasn't losing anything following EE. Think it may have been carb bloat.
Until I get to target, I will be following SP long-term and slowly start to reintroduce carbohydrates back into my diet.

I am fully on the SP wagon here and I wasn't losing anything following EE. Think it may have been carb bloat.
Until I get to target, I will be following SP long-term and slowly start to reintroduce carbohydrates back into my diet.

Do you have a food diary Phoenix? Would be love a few more SP ideas.

I've also read and been told that if I'm doing sp for longer than 2 weeks to add a syn free yoghurt a day for calcium. However if you mix and match your days and do day 3 sp and 4 ee longterm then you don't need to as you can have yoghurt on ee.

I'm just coming to the end of my second week of sp and I love the plan and feel super energetic but will be adding in some yoghurt from next week :)

Also I agree with phoenix girl- I feel awful on ee and always preferred red days on the old plan.

No one says blueberries are bad- if you want them on sp have them, they just advise you to have half speed foods and half protein for the best results. Nothings banned on slimming world regardless of the plan you're following. This to me is the ultimate sensible healthy eating advice/plan :)

I guess with banning things on plans, they would be setting people up to fall off the wagon and go off-plan altogether which I am sure they don't want!

Back