You can tell winter is on its way.........

becciharland

Well I have got to say the nights are drawing in and it's getting at night and the leafs will be falling soon....... Winter will soon be here :):):) in celebration I have put my 1st stew in the slow cooker for tomorrow night....... Knowing my luck it will be a warmer day and sunny tomorrow lol
Christmas is only around the corner and I've started to put money back for that now and starting to think if we will be on a red or green day on Xmas day lol

Oh and apple bobbing on Halloween and watching fire works the week after ............" it's the most magical time of the year" lalalala :):):):):):):):)

Blimey thinking about Christmas is scarey lol :eek::eek: Boo xxx

that post just cheered me up no end, i love the winetr months, love the snow, love halloween, love bonfire night, christmas the lot, :) yay yay yay :)

I love the colder weather! Love Christmas and best of all...the slow cooker will save time and money!

Well if thats the case my winter sun...(as I havent had my holiday yet this year) is drawing closer! In 4 weeks il be basking in the africa sunshine :)

I love autumn. The leaves changing. Lovely warm stews. I seem to eat healthier in cold months than hot. Probably as I prefer veggies to salad.

I don't really have a favourite season as I love them all but for different reasons!

I look forward to each one just before but as each comes to and end, I find that I'm ready for it to go and the next one to come in, just for variety!

I am now looking forward to Autumn and Winter... the slow cooker might see some action before much longer, it's been dormant all over summer. Come autumn/winter though and it tends to be on both days over the weekend!! Quick preparation in the mornings and then leaves us plenty of relaxation time without having to worry about getting dinner :D

Hmmm, now I want pot roast! Feeling very under the weather today and though I wasn't hungry earlier I'm now startign to crave comfort foods... pot roast would do quite nicely right about now! Will just have to content myself with my jacket spud and beans for lunch instead!

I love autumn. The leaves changing. Lovely warm stews. I seem to eat healthier in cold months than hot. Probably as I prefer veggies to salad.[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking the same, a nice warming stew to come home to :)

I had my slow cooker on a couple of weeks ago and it is on again today. I also love soups to come home to in the winter.

All the lovely autumn veg will be in the shops soon... yummy!

Eeeeek, my favourite time of the year!!! Christmas, Halloween, Bonfire night, I love it love it love!! :D:D Snuggling up in front of the fire, wrapping up warm to go out. Eeee :) I'm such a kid.

I am loving lots of the autumn clothes coming into the shops, though hesitant to buy any as hoping the lbs will be coming off. :)

Mmm all the autumn veg, must start making some stews once I get back from my nice and hot holiday! :D

Can you make low syn dumplings?

xxx

I love winter too, although i don't enjoy getting so much colder now I don't have so much protective blubber to keep me warm ;)

I have my first proper posh Ragu in my slowcooker as we speak. I've had the wood burner lit every night this week :0

I love my log burner in winter. X

Well I have got to say the nights are drawing in and it's getting at night and the leafs will be falling soon....... Winter will soon be here :):):) in celebration I have put my 1st stew in the slow cooker for tomorrow night....... Knowing my luck it will be a warmer day and sunny tomorrow lol
Christmas is only around the corner and I've started to put money back for that now and starting to think if we will be on a red or green day on Xmas day lol

Oh and apple bobbing on Halloween and watching fire works the week after ............" it's the most magical time of the year" lalalala :):):):):):):):)

I knew this when the central heating was on August Bank Holiday Monday!!!

Always a bad sign:(

Will you are up north :D:D It hasn't been that bad over here......yet no doubt it will be on soon....having to dust off my slippers now as my toes are getting cold lol :gen125::gen125::gen125::winter_brr:

Maximus said:

I know you live up north but heating Steve??? In my house the heating doesn't go on till november at the earliest - just on principle!

If I had my way the heating wouldn't go on till mid December! I was brought up on a house so cold you had to break ice on the inside of the windows lol

Back