You can tell winter is on its way.........

Shirleen said:
If I had my way the heating wouldn't go on till mid December! I was brought up on a house so cold you had to break ice on the inside of the windows lol

I was bought up in a house were the heating did not go on til october & was off by end of feb - outside of that window it waa put a jumper on time. I used to think my dad was really harsh till i started paying the electric bill myself!

Sorry folks but I have to say........I wish it was winter. I am wilting...............

Remind me I said that when I am complaining I am cold later in the year......:D

Miss D said:
I love autumn. The leaves changing. Lovely warm stews. I seem to eat healthier in cold months than hot. Probably as I prefer veggies to salad.

I love autumn too, I like watching the mist rise over the ferry bridge in a morning, Halloween coming which means Whitby Goth Weekend and seeing lots of friends, not too keen on Christmas, but New Year I love... Happy Goth... lol... xx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

What is all this about loving winter!! and someone mentioned the dreaded "C" word that comes every Dec 25th!!

I personally dread autumn and winter and can`t wait for spring!! Get very depressed as I suffer from S.A.D.

Defo don`t look forward to winter eavenings when it`s dark at 5pm!!

Sorry to spoil the party folks!! BAH!! HUMBUG!! :)D)

I need to live somewhere hot!! I HATE winter with a passion!
Yes, I love stews, casseroles and pot roasts - but I eat them in the summer too

I want to emigrate !!
Of course, at least with winter you can cover up, but, nah. I'd rather strip semi naked in the heat lol
Just need to stick to SW to let that happen!!

KittenKat said:
I don't really have a favourite season as I love them all but for different reasons!

I look forward to each one just before but as each comes to and end, I find that I'm ready for it to go and the next one to come in, just for variety!

That's just how I am. Must get on with my knitting. I want some warm, fluffy house socks!

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

Shirleen said:
If I had my way the heating wouldn't go on till mid December! I was brought up on a house so cold you had to break ice on the inside of the windows lol

I was brought up in a house like that too. I tell the story of a teddy bear that had been iced to the inside of my bedroom window when I was a child. My dad didn't see that as a problem! I'm afraid I rebelled and now I put the heating on as soon as it gets cold. My birthday is in October and its always on by that time.

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

Will you are up north :D:D It hasn't been that bad over here......yet no doubt it will be on soon....having to dust off my slippers now as my toes are getting cold lol :gen125::gen125::gen125::winter_brr:

I am indeed in the northeast (of England - for our friends in the "real" north). But don't call me Will;):p

I know you live up north but heating Steve??? In my house the heating doesn't go on till november at the earliest - just on principle!

That's just being tight:eek:

I used to be like that, never even work a sweater, let alone a coat. Then I went and lost 7 stone - daft of what?:cool:

Sorry folks but I have to say........I wish it was winter. I am wilting...............

Remind me I said that when I am complaining I am cold later in the year......:D

Hmmph! - I have to go to Florida twice a year just to thaw out:cry:

Being serious though, I really do feel the cold and always thought it was a myth about having the extra padding or insulation. I think it was also related to having high blood pressure too (normal now).

Steve

We never even had heating! We had a three bar lecky fire in the lounge and that was it! Ahh the good old days ;)

We never even had heating! We had a three bar lecky fire in the lounge and that was it! Ahh the good old days ;)
Luxury!

We were so poor, on cold, winter evenings we would all sit around the dining table - huddled around the single candle....... and if it was really cold, my dad used to light it:eek:

Maximus said:
Luxury!

We were so poor, on cold, winter evenings we would all sit around the dining table - huddled around the single candle....... and if it was really cold, my dad used to light it:eek:

You try telling that to the kids of today and they won't believe you...

Luxury!

:boohoo::boohoo::boohoo:
What a load of
muckout.gif
you talk at times baby boy.

You know very well your dad used to burn the dining room table :giggle:

You try telling that to the kids of today and they won't believe you...

And they would be smarter than him not to believe it........he is a naughty boy sometimes and likes to tell porkie pies.
images

But we all love him a lot and his wacky humour.
Keep em coming Stevie. Your mumsie loves you.
Don't know they're born......

It is a bit cooler here today and a storm forecast hurrah !!!! Rain, I love rain

:boohoo::boohoo::boohoo:
What a load of
muckout.gif
you talk at times baby boy.

You know very well your dad used to burn the dining room table :giggle:

And they would be smarter than him not to believe it........he is a naughty boy sometimes and likes to tell porkie pies.
images

But we all love him a lot and his wacky humour.
Keep em coming Stevie. Your mumsie loves you.

It is a bit cooler here today and a storm forecast hurrah !!!! Rain, I love rain

Hark at you and your graphics!:D

Back