You don't have to eat it ALL!

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by avisk, 19 October 2010 Social URL.

1. avisk

avisk xx

Diet:
    Slimming World
    A friend sent me this - no idea where it came from originally, but I thought I would share it with you.

YOU DON'T HAVE TO EAT IT ALL!

When was the last time you said “I had to eat it”?

Mum made this wonderful meal so I had to eat it, or she would have been disappointed.

We went to this great restaurant as a treat and we had steak and chips and chocolate cake and I had to eat it or the people I went with would have been hurt.

I went to a wedding and there was a huge buffet, with no healthy choices, so I had to eat it.

Yes, but you didn’t have to eat it ALL.

You could have eaten some of it, and left the rest. You could have had a really small portion. You could have had one small plateful at the buffet, and not dashed back another five times with a plate piled higher than a skyscraper.

You are not a suffragette. No-one is force-feeding you. You don’t have to eat it ALL.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. IslandBreeze

IslandBreeze Castaway

4. jigglymum

jigglymum Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st11lb
    Current Weight:
    15st10.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st0.5lb(24.23%)
    Diet:
    SW
    LOL :8855:

5. Wendyswoo

Wendyswoo Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st0lb
    Current Weight:
    20st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Lol, thats so true x

6. Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays Gold Member

Start Weight:
    9st11lb
    Current Weight:
    8st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(11.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
  7. fillymum

fillymum synful soul

Start Weight:
    107kg
    Current Weight:
    85kg
    Goal Weight:
    79kg
    Lost(%):
    22kg(20.56%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    We are indeed masters of our own destiny.

8. CatCrazy

CatCrazy Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st1lb
    Current Weight:
    13st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st6lb(24.51%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting
    its soooo true.

Unfortunately we are programmed to eat it all. First when we were spoon fed, how many of us mothers haven't used some fun method to get the last couple of spoonfuls in to baby? then a few years later we got "no pudding if you didn't eat all your dinner", then when you are buying your own food and realise the cost you don't like to "waste" your money. I did it myself today, as I was putting the last morsels in my mouth i realised that I was a tad overful. My entire meal was only 375 calories as I had a mountain of green veggies so not too harmful but it really did make me realise how programmed we are. I hate waste, often moan at my kids to eat it all but after today I think I will back off.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.