You may have seen this before

jaxmummy

Silver Member
This is the story of Mrs Ivy Been so Good.
Ivy was really disappointed this week after having maintained after "such a good week". Her Food Diary was perfect!
Ten syns per day…Maximum! But let’s have a closer look ………
We start off with Friday (the day after weigh in) (which does exist! … unlike the night of group which has become "treat night") Forgetting the big cheese sandwich, the large glass of wine and the piece of cake from the night before, Ivy gets up in fine fettle, really focussed on the week ahead! Let’s see how the day goes…
Ivy has her normal breakfast of Branflakes, milk and banana. She tips them into the bowl… and then thinks "better check the weight of them. I want to get a few pounds off this week!". She puts them on the scales to find there is one 1.5oz… That’s my first healthy B she thinks, taking out the excess and unconsciously popping them in her mouth.
Putting the milk away she spots a carton of Orange Juice open and decides to have a small glass whilst making a boiled egg for her daughters breakfast. When clearing up the dishes, Ivy spies 2 soldiers left on her plate. "I can’t think of the last time I had REAL butter!" she says and in they go!!
After breakfast it’s a trip into town shopping. Armed with a Hifi Bar just in case temptation strikes, they set off.
In Woolworths her daughter gets restless in the buggy and Ivy opens her a packet of crisps to keep her quiet and Ivy ends up tasting a couple ("just checking for freshness!")
Lunchtime comes and the shopping trip is not done yet (there’s still money left on her credit card!!). Ivy decides to grab something from Marks and Spencer’s "I know they do that Count on Us range… it’s bound to be low!"
Spoilt for choice, Ivy scans the range. She has already decided to go "original" today and spots a Count on Us Hoisin Duck sandwich. "That would be a great choice … the bread will be my 2nd Healthy B!" She buys it as a Meal Deal, along with a Diet Coke and a packet of Salt and Vinegar crisps to eat later.
Later on she stops for a coffee at Starbucks. "No cake for me!" she says and savours the Skinny Latte ("I can use that as my 2nd Healthy A!" and it contains no syrup of course!) She’s delighted that she hasn’t needed the "emergency Hifi" whilst out today.
Back at home after shopping, she makes cakes with her daughter. She resists the fairy cakes when they come out of the oven….. but CAN’T resist licking the wooden spoon!!
She feeds the kids early – a chicken nugget and 2 chips remain on the plates…. And they don’t go in the bin!!
Dinner time comes – a nice juicy steak, salad and jacket potato. She weighs her 8 oz jacket potato which is a healthy B choice and puts a spoonful of Quark in it. A tablespoon of Hellman’s Light Mayo goes on the salad … "Only 2.5syns!" she says "That’s my first today!" Hubbie prefers mashed potato with his. She wouldn’t dream of eating it herself…..but does just taste it to see it has the right amount of butter and milk in!
Dessert for Ivy is a Muller light yoghurt. Hubbie has sponge and custard. "It just doesn’t bother me" said Ivy as she’s licking the spoon she used to stir the custard!
By 9.30pm, Ivy felt like a "little something"! Remembering the crisps from the Meal Deal, she checks the syn value and finds they are only 7 syns. "Only 9.5 syns today!" she says "A perfect day!"
…….OR WAS IT?!!!!

How many times have we done this, How many actual syns did she have that day

This is very good, and so true. This sort of thing is such a well documented scenario, that whenever they do research, they take a certain percentage and add it on to what people say they eat :D

its the amount of syns it totalled in one day that shocked me, go one have a guess

Go on, tell. The story is sooo true to what a lot of 'good' weeks are lol

The actual amount is 76.5 syns!!

And that’s not even counting the extra 40+syns from the night before! And there are 6 more days to go!!
(Just to put in perspective, those 76.5 syns are the equivalent of an average portion of Chicken Tikka Masala, Pilau rice, 1 naan bread, 2 pints of beer, and 2 small veg samosas!!!. We’d know if we ate that!!!)
The Moral of the story…. Don’t forget all those hidden syns….enjoy!

Thank you for that!

I have picked a little bit this week. Curse of the stone award and school holidays lol

I will stop now and focus. I do not want the extra syns!

Just goes to show doesn't it. xxx

Ooooh thats a hell of a lot of extra syns,but i do know a girl just like that who picks all day on the kids left overs ect and always wondered why she never lost weight!!!!!! lol the answer is pretty clear "little pickers, where bigger nickers" :D

The breakdown:
0.5 oz branflakes 2.5syns
Orange juice 125ml 2.5syns
Eggy soldiers 4 syns
Couple of crisps 1 syn
Sandwich 12.5syns (6 syns can be deducted if using bread as Healthy B)
Latte 8.5 syns (Grande from Starbucks)
Cake mixture 4 syns
Jacket potato 16 syns (healthy B already used which she forgot!) (2 syns per oz)
Mayo 7.5 (it was a heaped tablespoon not level!)
Chicken nugget 3
2 chips 3
Spoonful of Mash 3 syns
Spoonful of custard 2 syns
Packet of crisps 7 syns

we had this @ class the other week. It's shocking how things add up, isn't it!:eek:

Thought I would "bump" this up!

Great post. Just shows how the little things add up!

Fab ........never seen this before - a real eye opener. Thanks for sharing it... will definately help me sta focused today. !!

It is interesting how we can forget things we have eaten. My C is quite good at getting admissions out of people who sit there and say they've been perfectly on plan and so cant understand why they haven't lost.

Last week one lady said she struggles to eay any syns and hadn't had any that week but then later in the IT conversation, it slipped out that she'd enjoyed a bottle of champers on the Sat and been to a party with a buffet which she hadn't counted. The post WI night-off is often forgotten too.

This is being printed off and putting on my fridge, thankyou :) just to give me added motivation to count my syns

Back