you will never be a size 10!!

great posts. i agree with them all.

but one thing puzzles me. "how big are your bones if you are big boned" what is the difference in size. surely bones are roughly the same size (circumference not length).

great posts. i agree with them all.

but one thing puzzles me. "how big are your bones if you are big boned" what is the difference in size. surely bones are roughly the same size (circumference not length).

Don't know the science behind it all, but some peoples bones are big in size, weight (density) - I had tests (they measure various points of your body and check bone density) and was told i'm big boned whereas some people are petite & have very little fine bone structure. All down to genetics!

Hope that makes a bit on sense.

It roughly goes by the size of your wrist.... Basically if you can touch you thumb and fore finger Round your wrist you considered small framed and each finger along so on so forth.... However it's all crap.... We all know fat doesn't just sit on top of your bones .... It can riddle itself in between ribs etc so making you look bigger

People say I wouldn't look right too slim but again I think half of them ate trying to say I look I'm now and the other half jealous and bitter..... End of the day they have got used to me fat so they can get used to me slim.... And I'm sorry but we should live within a comfortable healthy range and if 10 suits you then you go for it..... I will be heading for the 10 Market this year myself

Goodluck one and all xxxx

but does your bone size change then? as before i had children i could get all my fingers around my wrist, i can only get middle finger to touch my thumb now?

I found when I was at my heaviest people were quite happy to tell me I had put weight on :( then when I started loosing weight all the feedback I got was oh your to skinny or no comment at all! People will always try and hold you back! Stay positive and focused, let's stick together! We can do it :) xxx

L.i.n.d.a said:
My ideal size is size 12...I have twelve dresses sizes to lose...OMG!!!...*

Youll get there! I know several people on here who have also started at bigger than a size 30 and they are doing brilliantly! I'm sure she won't mind me saying, but track down Lily42 and have a look at her diary :) she's an inspiration :)
But also, who says your ideal dress size is a 12, maybe set yourself a more realistic goal, like dropping one or two sizes at a time :)

It roughly goes by the size of your wrist.... Basically if you can touch you thumb and fore finger Round your wrist you considered small framed and each finger along so on so forth.... However it's all crap....

I really hope it's not crap! :innocent0001: as the smallest adult size i can remember being is a 12 and that was about 15 years ago! I then gradually went up to a 16 and about 2 years ago i managed to get into a 14 for the first time in about 10 years which is still the same now but i think i am a large 14! So i said i wanted to get down to a 10 and my mum said, as per previous posts on here, i would look ill at a 10 and probably wouldn't be able to get to that because i am big boned. If i work on the wrist theory though i have a shot as i can get my thumb and ANY of my other fingers to meet around my wrist (yes, even thumb and little finger - and yes, on the same hand! :p) so i hold out hope that the wrist theory holds at least a little bit true!

Im doing myself an injustice..and that never happens...lol even if i am obese, im a size 22-24, i miscalculated myself. So i guess thats 5-6 dress sizes and being 20 stone, i wanna lose 10 stone...yes will try and look at your recommendation..thanks *

If I'm honest te smaller you get the easier it would be to get thumb and finger to meet round the wrist the fact if the matter is for those who put weight on all places possibly can't get thumb n finger to meet so it's a bad judgement of sizing

That said no one would look ill at their healthy BMI range it's just people have to adjust to your new look and that always seems harder for them then us clearly!!

Here's to us getting to our desired weight and size!!!! Stuf erm girls we can do it ;-) xxxx

L.i.n.d.a said:
Im doing myself an injustice..and that never happens...lol even if i am obese, im a size 22-24, i miscalculated myself. So i guess thats 5-6 dress sizes and being 20 stone, i wanna lose 10 stone...yes will try and look at your recommendation..thanks *

Can I make a suggestion first off Linda, get a new more positive avatar :) as everytime I look at that onion it's just so sad x

I've always had skinny wrists-when I was at school I always felt bigger than my friends but I was a curvy size 10 and they were all size 4-6!! (I think I hung around with the wrong ppl) my cousin said to me a while back 'oh my god look how skinny ur wrists were,they look like they could snap' but even now at a size 18-20 there's still v little fat on them xx

I was always slim, a size 8-10, until I went to university and started buying my own food and making bad choices. 8 years later, I'm a size 18. The thing I'm having difficulty with is figuring out a healthy end goal, as I was only 18 when I was slimmer, my body may have changed anyway even with a healthier diet? I may be a natural size 14. My only real goal is to lose a stone at a time and stop when I feel comfortable (not when someone tells me to).

Back